• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Disaster

2 old for this

While replacing the master cylinder on a custermers pristeen 262c the brake bleeder decided to blow the cap attachment seal. In my panic to relieve the pressure the hose between the bleeder and the cap breaks. Fluid is every where. So I need advice on which bleeder is the best for our cars.

By bleeder are you referring to the tool or the actual nut/valve on the calipers?

Vac bleeder. I use a shop air powered one.

Or bike inner tube cut in half and rolled and hose clamped to rez. A knot in the other end. Works ok.

One of the key things about using a pressure bleeder like the motive is to be patient and not use too high an air pressure. Even if it means going around the car a few times. I use no more than 15psi. Much above that and the fluid can foam which makes it hard to tell if it's bubbles or foam.

Another thing is the hose on the motive bleeder only lasts so long. Mine broke as well and put fluid everywhere. I got some replacement chemical rated hose that is stiffer but will not wear out and break like what comes with the bleeder.

I use a master cylinder cap with an air fitting attached to it. And compressed air at 20-25psi.
Similar to this:

Brake4.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. My motive is over 30 years old so it looks like I got the good out of it. Might have a new one .

Back