• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How to install a lugnut...seriously

dytha99

Is it the tapered end against the wheel or the other end with the lip against the wheel?

Posted via Mobile Device

Is it the tapered end against the wheel or the other end with the lip against the wheel?

Posted via Mobile Device

I am betting this is a 7–9 series you're asking about. The tapered end goes towards the wheel. Many people have put them on backwards on 7–9 series.

I am betting this is a 7?9 series you're asking about. The tapered end goes towards the wheel. Many people have put them on backwards on 7?9 series.

Yup...its a 7 and a 9.

Was looking at a 745 and noticed the lugs were opposite of mine. Hence the question. The lip seems to throw people off...myself included.

Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

I thought you stripped your nuts on a 740 by over tightening? Only thing worse, 240 studs thinking they better. Those 240 stud threads are like butter compared to the 740 ones. WHat a difference a half millimeter makes.

66 ft/lbs on the 700/900's, whether steel or alloy wheels.
OMG!!! Are you trying to rip the studs out of the hubs??? :omg:

From my silly little owner's manual:

Installing the wheel
Clean the contact surfaces on the wheel and hub. Lift the wheel and place it on the hub. Make sure that you align the wheel with the guide stud on the wheel hub prior to installation. Install the wheel nuts crosswise and tighten lightly. The bevelled side of the nuts should face the wheel. Lower the vehicle to the ground and alternately tighten the nuts to 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm). Install the wheel cap.

:-P

Man....y'all really take your lugnut threads seriously.

Lotsa good info....thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Any chance to subliminally disparage the 700 series will not be wasted.

But I've used zip ties to fix both my 7 and 9....I thought that would make them equal to a 2.

And if paper beats rock....a box should beat a brick.

Posted via Mobile Device

Back