• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1993 240 wiring diagrams

paulcurran

Specifically looking for wiring through dash switches to rear defrost, heated mirrors, & a/c. When I tried to google these, the diagrams I found don't match up to the colors of the 93 240 wires? Don't know where to look.

This is plausibly because the 93 is the only year that used R134a so presumably it had some unique wiring. I'd like to see these too tbh. My rear defrost still won't work after re-wiring.

That all said paul, what problem are you trying to solve?

Last I found them, both late and early 93 wiring diagrams were on volvowiringdiagrams.com. The late production drawing is a Volvo green book, and the early production is a Mitchell copy.

I have no power to rear defrost, & no light on the switch. Just replaced hinge wires, wonder if a couple of switches are going to the wrong plugs?
Thanks Art!

I have no power to rear defrost, & no light on the switch. Just replaced hinge wires, wonder if a couple of switches are going to the wrong plugs?
Thanks Art!

Please do circle back into this thread with what you find.

I'm getting a similar problem but my switch lights up. Just no defrost. I suspect the glass, but haven't tested.

Also, occasionally if I close the gate hard, my third brake light will go out, and my defroster light will light up. Wondering if the latter is sort of a "your trunk is open" indicator or if I botched something in my hinge re-wiring.

You've pinched your nice new harness somewhere in the hinge assembly and it's shorting internally. My defroster doesn't work for the same reason.

Thanks Art!

There is a relay for the rear defrost and that circuit is powered by the same fuse that powers the overdrive circuit. That is the way the 1993 I sold a friend was wired. We ended up having to put a overdrive solenoid block off plate on it because it kept blowing the fuse. My friend is not up to the task of running down shorts.

Mine turned out to be a flakey switch, occasionally works, & a bad bulb in the switch light. Thanks for the help!

Back