• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie Factory Wheel Guide...OMG its huge SORRY! nf56k!!!!!!

I've gone that route of oversized tires on a given rim size... I had 13" alloys on a VW Rabbit that were supposed to have 175/70-13 (I think that was it) and I had calculated that 205/60-13's (I think it was) fit and had the same OD, and in fact they did and they just barely didn't scrape.... but a 205/60 was a tire designed for a completely different, much heavier vehicle, and it just didn't handle very well at the edge of traction. So I believe its important to not only match the outer diameter and tread width, but also to match the tires target load range. (the numbers after the size and before the speed rating letter, like 91H is load range 91 and speed rating H)

Last edited:
file.php

Sadira.
Going on my 244 this week (with adapters of course)

Anyone have any pictures of the andromedas with spacers? I have these on my car with some o reilly spacers on the front, barely clear at all. I always thought these had to be a FWD offset, looking at 1 inch and 1.25 inch spacers, just curious to see how they would look, and if its even worth buying the spacers.

Anyone have any pictures of the andromedas with spacers? I have these on my car with some o reilly spacers on the front, barely clear at all. I always thought these had to be a FWD offset, looking at 1 inch and 1.25 inch spacers, just curious to see how they would look, and if its even worth buying the spacers.

Not yet, but soon. I need to pick up a set of spacers. And I only have 3 andromedas, so I'm also looking for one (or two).

Not yet, but soon. I need to pick up a set of spacers. And I only have 3 andromedas, so I'm also looking for one (or two).

I'm fixing to put in my order for spacers, probably 1.25 in and 1.5 inch. Hopefully that works out well, because im tired of my wheels grinding against my struts when I'm making a freeway speed turn or backing up :/

Multi-X are 15x7x20.

And those are the pre 1979 262C alloys.
Corrected the post from 25 offset to 25. I have a set, original equip. from a very late (93?) 9 series Bertone.

41038794.jpg

41038904.jpg

41077621.jpg

I thought +1 referred to 1" oversize rim? so 14 to 15 wuld be +1 ?
correct.

FWIW, "+1" can also apply to the tire size increase in a specific rim diameter
incorrect. I first saw the term in a mail pamphlet from a tire place I can't remember at the moment. 1983ish.

Saggita is pictured twice in the original post, and there's a broken link that is duplicated later. I will fix those.
Turbine is also a broken link, if anyone can post a link, I will put that in there.

I will start shuffling things in the top post, and editing out extraneous comments.
Send a PM, with a link to the posts you want edited or deleted. Report post works, too.

Back