• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No start. Post engine swap and flywheel upgrade.

Injectors all have pulse.
I got a test light and connected to both terminals in each plug and it flashed when cranking.
The car the engine came from was running last week. But i did pull the rail off for a moment and put it back on. Could they be stuck? Cant see how all of them would fail?

Im learning so much every time i work on one of my peices of poop, but im super frustrated by electrical. Direct clear instructions for tests are appreciated as im kindof out of my depth electrically.

I have checked the car with a known good noise suppression relay. No change.
I checked the pulse (by connecting a test light to both sides of the injector plug, it flashes while cranking.
It has 12V when drops to 9.5ish when cranking (im assuming thats the average of it pulsing?).

I have pressure at the rail.
Is there any way i could have blown all the injectors?
i will try another set of injectors i have tomorrow, but this set came running on this motor so im completely confused as to why or how this would happen.

The car does run on starter fluid, sounds perfectly fine for the 3 seconds it runs for.

my grounds seem ok as they are just bolted where the rail meets the manifold, i could really only move them to the valve cover, though i dont see how this would be the issue.

im pretty much out of ideas.

Update.
Fixed it.
Turns out i had the temp sensor and knock sensor backwards. (Though i tried it atleast 3 times)
The car will not start without the knock sensor plugged in. Its a 1992 b200ft car.
I ended up changing injectors and fuel rail too just to check so maybe one was a bit clogged when i had tried earlier.

*golf clap*
That would have been annoying if the ECU saw a 'cold' temp sensor as a functioning KS, but once it warmed up, it read it as a failed KS and stopped running.

Update.
Fixed it.
Turns out i had the temp sensor and knock sensor backwards. (Though i tried it atleast 3 times)
The car will not start without the knock sensor plugged in. Its a 1992 b200ft car.
I ended up changing injectors and fuel rail too just to check so maybe one was a bit clogged when i had tried earlier.

Nice! I was wondering about this yesterday, but hasn't posted about it.

You had: spark, injector pulse, runs on brake cleaner= diag the fuel system.

Now you are armed with improved diag skills. Maybe next engine swap spend a little bit of time with some masking tape and a sharpie and label things.

Thanks for posting back.

Last edited:
Back