home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019, 03:06 AM   #2226
martin84
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Swindon
Default

They are 2 addresses. I don't know the address off the top of my head but I can look later.
martin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:29 AM   #2227
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Hi

What version of XDF are you using ?

YS
Jens B
__________________
ipdown.net/jetronic.info/tiki-index.php
Site open in "lame mode"
If you have some issues
just send me a message
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #2228
c2h5oh-ethanol
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Hi

What version of XDF are you using ?

YS
Jens B
I use 962bin and 962XDF v.28
c2h5oh-ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:52 AM   #2229
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Version 28 is maybe 3-4 years old

That is the reason for why those are not implemented.
Another issue is that the LPT bin (962) always has been collecting bad feedback from a lot of users so I have never bothered doing any update to this XDF.

Use the 954 binary for all newer ECUs and maybe copy the settings from a 984 if you want the latest iteration of Volvo binarys.

YS
Jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #2230
redblockpowered
Board Member
 
redblockpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Swampscott, MA
Default

Where can the latest XDF files be found?
__________________
1993 944 B230FT/M90 thread here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=345277
1991 245 B230FNA/M47 no thread: secret LeMons car technology abounds
1991 245 B230F/M47 no thread: very boring (320k!)
redblockpowered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #2231
c2h5oh-ethanol
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Version 28 is maybe 3-4 years old

That is the reason for why those are not implemented.
Another issue is that the LPT bin (962) always has been collecting bad feedback from a lot of users so I have never bothered doing any update to this XDF.

Use the 954 binary for all newer ECUs and maybe copy the settings from a 984 if you want the latest iteration of Volvo binarys.

YS
Jaybee
Thanks.
Is there any benefits of using settings from 984bin in 954?

And do you just use the basic XDF 954? Or does it excist another one? Only find a basic XDF954 on jetronic.info


Best regards // Jim
c2h5oh-ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:46 AM   #2232
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Hi

The major difference between 954 & 984 is that the later feels more refined.
It starts nicer and are less "agressive" than the 954.
Functionality is same.
Uploded version 52 to the jetronic.info site :-)

YS
Jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 AM   #2233
c2h5oh-ethanol
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Hi

The major difference between 954 & 984 is that the later feels more refined.
It starts nicer and are less "agressive" than the 954.
Functionality is same.
Uploded version 52 to the jetronic.info site :-)

YS
Jaybee

I download it and checked. The long term fuel trim i found the flag, is this the short too?
So basicly if i want to change my setup. I do like this. Have 550cc injector and 012AMM.
Change the linearzation table and the two constants. Shut off fuel trim (60A6) Change injector constant 4, as close to injector size scaling. Drive and se how it runs, back and add 25 on scale. Turn then on fueltrim and se if CEL/DTC lamp on. If not, reset the ecu and start again with about 25 correction? Ofcourse with wideband installed!
c2h5oh-ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #2234
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2h5oh-ethanol View Post
I download it and checked. The long term fuel trim i found the flag, is this the short too?
So basicly if i want to change my setup. I do like this. Have 550cc injector and 012AMM.
Change the linearzation table and the two constants. Shut off fuel trim (60A6) Change injector constant 4, as close to injector size scaling. Drive and se how it runs, back and add 25 on scale. Turn then on fueltrim and se if CEL/DTC lamp on. If not, reset the ecu and start again with about 25 correction? Ofcourse with wideband installed!

Long term fuel trim reset flag must be activated
Lambda feedback short term flag must be deactivated
Linearisation table and two constants yes
Leave all other tables as stock for now
Reduce constant #4 first to appx 2100
Fine tune warm engine low speed running with constant #1 afterwards to get nice AFR

In Tunerpro you need to have the checksum dll operative to avoid CEL
(more info on that operation a few pages back)


When this initial phase is done you can fine tune the matrix and cold start enrichments etc

PS: Never ever use long term fuel trim again as this just messes up things (leave it always in reset mode)
and if you use short term lambda feedback it is beneficial to activate it only when you are pretty satisfied with your main matrix.

YS
Jaybee

Last edited by mrjaybeeze; 08-15-2019 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: more stuff
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #2235
c2h5oh-ethanol
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sweden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Long term fuel trim reset flag must be activated
Lambda feedback short term flag must be deactivated
Linearisation table and two constants yes
Leave all other tables as stock for now
Reduce constant #4 first to appx 2100
Fine tune warm engine low speed running with constant #1 afterwards to get nice AFR

In Tunerpro you need to have the checksum dll operative to avoid CEL
(more info on that operation a few pages back)


When this initial phase is done you can fine tune the matrix and cold start enrichments etc

PS: Never ever use long term fuel trim again as this just messes up things (leave it always in reset mode)
and if you use short term lambda feedback it is beneficial to activate it only when you are pretty satisfied with your main matrix.

YS
Jaybee
Thank you so much. Now i think i got it. Lets see if i blow up my engine or not haha!

Best regards// Jim Karlsson
c2h5oh-ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #2236
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer
 
gsellstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Somewhere in a northern California smog bank
Default

Any issues using that 984 bin on the early boxes like the 939's? I think I have a 954 laying around as well. Also, what about the immobilizer in the 984, is that disabled in this latest XDF?
__________________
RIP
Doug Williams "Mr. Doug" 4/15/2009
Pete Fluitman "fivehundred" 7/14/2013
Mick Starkey "TrickMick" 1/10/14
Mark Baldwin "blue850t5" 7/19/18
Nick Fengler "fengler" 8/6/18
Thomas Fritz "stealthfti" 10/11/18


74 144 B20
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=224983

90 745Ti
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=334698

If you need Superpro bushings PM me for price and availability!
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #2237
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellstr View Post
Any issues using that 984 bin on the early boxes like the 939's? I think I have a 954 laying around as well. Also, what about the immobilizer in the 984, is that disabled in this latest XDF?
Hi

Nope, the immobilizer in 984 is not removable as of now and not a big issue either as 954 is same version software less the immo function.

YS
jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:17 PM   #2238
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer
 
gsellstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Somewhere in a northern California smog bank
Default

Gotcha.
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #2239
muppetman342
Having too much fun
 
muppetman342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Default

Wait, there are flags for long-term fuel trim adjustment? Does turning that off disable LH learning, but still enable it to operate in closed loop and shoot for stoich?
muppetman342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:12 AM   #2240
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman342 View Post
Wait, there are flags for long-term fuel trim adjustment? Does turning that off disable LH learning, but still enable it to operate in closed loop and shoot for stoich?

Hi

The answer is yes to a degree (it is not 100% verified yet due to lack of feedback)
Myself I don't run with any lambda feedback active so in that config it works excellent, but running "only" with short term active I am not sure how it works out. It might be a full shutdown of long term adaption or just a reset to zero upon a fresh start of the engine.
Running with with long term enabled only is worse than anything, that is like running a new tune every time you take your car out for a spin...

Best of both worlds would probably be to restrict the short term adaption with the border constants to just operate at low load and rpm (idle area)

YS
Jaybee

Last edited by mrjaybeeze; 08-22-2019 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: 4 fun
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:49 AM   #2241
martin84
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Swindon
Default

Jaybee - I've tried running just short term feedback on and it's not great. Just out of interest I'll try reducing the load and rpm limits and report back. The car runs great with all lambda feedback disabled, it takes a bit of time to get the fuel map spot on but once it is it runs consistently.
martin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:44 AM   #2242
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin84 View Post
Jaybee - I've tried running just short term feedback on and it's not great. Just out of interest I'll try reducing the load and rpm limits and report back. The car runs great with all lambda feedback disabled, it takes a bit of time to get the fuel map spot on but once it is it runs consistently.
My experience also, as long as the mapping is done thorough the consistency is fantastic.
Also whenever there are some issue like vacuum leak or whatever it shows directly as a change in AFR instead of being masked by the Lambda routine.
(That is also a big part of why the lambda routine is there, to keep the car running even if maintenance is not up to par)

YS
Jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #2243
muppetman342
Having too much fun
 
muppetman342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Default

I was having issues with consistency if I had lambda completely disabled, but it turns out my in-tank pump had also died! Maybe I'll have better luck with that resolved
muppetman342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #2244
wasprip26
Newbie
 
wasprip26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Texas
Default

Hello I have a question with your tuning configuration. I ended up getting a microsquirt from diyautotune and I am setting up spark and fuel tables in tunerstudio, which I know is different from what you are doing. But are you able to post a picture of your fuel and spark map. It would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
“A good man draws a circle around himself and cares for those within – his woman, his children. Other men draw a larger circle and bring within their brothers and sisters. But some men have a great destiny. They must draw around themselves a circle that includes many, many more. You must decide for yourself which one of those men you are.” --Movie Quote 10,000 bc--
wasprip26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #2245
esmth
dirty swede
 
esmth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Default 175 EZK bin

I bought an 0 227 400 175 goldbox ezk from ebay 9 months ago and only now have gotten around to dumping the rom. It doesn't seem to be correctly read by "EZK 219_207_175_147 Basic A.xdf" but will be opened by the other "EZK 208_177_169_146_140 Basic B.xdf" oddly enough.

As far as I can tell, it came paired with a 935 LH2.4 ECU with some European 940's with the B230FB engine. (VX3 cam and 531 head?) If this is incorrect or if anyone could add more information about it, it'd be appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 175_ezk.zip (5.6 KB, 2 views)
__________________
1991 244 LH2.4 m46 295k miles B cam, 935 fuel & 175 ezk, pink injectors, 421 header and 2.5" exhaust

Last edited by esmth; 09-15-2019 at 11:47 AM..
esmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #2246
redblockpowered
Board Member
 
redblockpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Swampscott, MA
Default

I made this a while back, using the official Bosch catalog. It should have every EZK/ECU along with model year and engine. Some of the exotic stuff I'm less confident in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk LH ECU interchange
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk EZK interchange
redblockpowered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:28 AM   #2247
mrjaybeeze
Team Jetronic.info
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmth View Post
I bought an 0 227 400 175 goldbox ezk from ebay 9 months ago and only now have gotten around to dumping the rom. It doesn't seem to be correctly read by "EZK 219_207_175_147 Basic A.xdf" but will be opened by the other "EZK 208_177_169_146_140 Basic B.xdf" oddly enough.

As far as I can tell, it came paired with a 934 (or 935 if it had A/C) LH2.4 ECU with some European 940's with the B230FB engine. (VX3 cam and 531 head?) If this is incorrect or if anyone could add more information about it, it'd be appreciated!



Hi

Does the chip or box have any other markings/tags that could identify what it is ?
The chip is clearly for a N/A engine but it does not compare with other files I have tagged with 175, so either it is a custom tuning chip or someone has changed the chip sometime .


YS Jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #2248
esmth
dirty swede
 
esmth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Hi

Does the chip or box have any other markings/tags that could identify what it is ?
The chip is clearly for a N/A engine but it does not compare with other files I have tagged with 175, so either it is a custom tuning chip or someone has changed the chip sometime .


YS Jaybee
The box did not appear to be tampered with. The eprom is labelled 2 227 355 320. (http://esmth.com/f/v/ecu/ezk_175_5.jpg)
I placed more photos on my webserver at http://esmth.com/f/v/ecu/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblockpowered View Post
I made this a while back, using the official Bosch catalog. It should have every EZK/ECU along with model year and engine. Some of the exotic stuff I'm less confident in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk LH ECU interchange
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk EZK interchange
well, my 934 ecu prediction was wrong, lol
esmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #2249
redblockpowered
Board Member
 
redblockpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Swampscott, MA
Default

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I linked to the previous (incorrect) version of this spreadsheet! My mistake. I'll take pictures of the ECUs and EZKs I have too. I think I can add -563, -946, -148, and -162.

Looks like your -175 EZK came with a number of different B230Fs including FB and FX models from 1990-1996. That would make it one of the earlier gold EZKs that I'm aware of unless they are not all equipped with daughterboards. It's worth noting that according to the Bosch interchange only 740s and 940s had it.
redblockpowered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:09 AM   #2250
redblockpowered
Board Member
 
redblockpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Swampscott, MA
Default

I see there are quite a few (luckily pretty obscure) ECUs that I have files for that don't seem to be mentioned in the Bosch catalog. No unique applications but just obscure variants. I also added whether the file I had for that ECU was in long or short format. Not sure what distinguishes the two but I'm assuming it's as simple as a revision to an 8k eprom instead of 4k due to them becoming cheaper or the like.
redblockpowered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.