• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to buy volvo anaerobic sealer?

Anyone have the Volvo part number for it? You could then order it off a place like parts.com, they will drop ship from the nearest dealer.

James

Can't you use a product like Dircko? ( it's made by Elring)
I used it on waterpumps, headcovers, diff cover, (all Volvo)
oil/waterpump and sumppan (both on a K100 bike)

Why don't you use the "Right Stuff" made by permatex. It black RTV. You can use it for any seal that does not come in contact with gas.

Why don't you use the "Right Stuff" made by permatex. It black RTV. You can use it for any seal that does not come in contact with gas.

Meh, I like the "Right Stuff" for a lot of applications (mostly non-Volvo).

The link I posted was for the industrial size tube of another sealant by Permatex that is better suited for substitution of the Volvo "pink" sealant.

Alright I give, what makes this pink stuff better that the "Right Stuff". I have used the "stuff" over and over again and it has never let me down. Heck, I have had it seal valve covers and oil pans that have been warped.

It won't harden in the oil passages that are in between the layers of a 16V head. Normal stuff will harden everywhere, including where it squeezed into the passages when you tightened that upper head on.

I have used Toyota's Black sealer for years.

Works every time.

No leaks.

I have used it for years on Hondas and Mitsubishis valve cover gasket jobs. But, the whiteblock upper head casting really isn't a VC and hence the machine flange sealant...

I think I would be afraid of the RTV breaking off (overapplication aka "dingleberries") and getting lodged somewhere else in the system where they need not be (oil pump pickup screen :omg: ). Of course, minimal use would result in minimal risk ;-)

Again, my .02

I have used it for years on Hondas and Mitsubishis valve cover gasket jobs. But, the whiteblock upper head casting really isn't a VC and hence the machine flange sealant...

I think I would be afraid of the RTV breaking off (overapplication aka "dingleberries") and getting lodged somewhere else in the system where they need not be (oil pump pickup screen :omg: ). Of course, minimal use would result in minimal risk ;-)

Again, my .02

Well we do not apply it as toothpaste!

Yeah...the high torque RTV I get is specifically made for applications like the whiteblock valve cover/upper journal bearing thinger. I looked inside with a flashlight and all the edge I could see inside (which granted isn't a huge amount) had no real dingleberries. You could see the edge of the RTV, which stuck out like 1/4 mm, but it wasn't really gonna break off. I used a metal ink roller to spread it on super thin.

Back