• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Gangster Caps?

roflcopter

So I was searching the interwebz and seem to have stumbled upon a Sweden-only trend in the brick scene. They have these things called 'gangster caps' that they run on bricks, essentially a form of external sunvisor like some 90's trucks had. Now I've used my Google-fu and can't find any reference to these things outside of Swedish language forums and none at all on turbobricks... anyone heard of them? Seen them? Know where to get them in the states?

I found one site that sells them in Europe, but they're prohibitively expensive. Would anyone be interested in one if I were to source materials and start producing a low quantity?

I really like the look, it exemplifies the zero ****s given attitude I have with my brick and the function over form mentality that you have to have with a completely non-performance oriented car. Here's a picture of a 240 with one:

htdvg0.jpg

So I was searching the interwebz and seem to have stumbled upon a Sweden-only trend in the brick scene. They have these things called 'gangster caps' that they run on bricks, essentially a form of external sunvisor like some 90's trucks had. Now I've used my Google-fu and can't find any reference to these things outside of Swedish language forums and none at all on turbobricks... anyone heard of them? Seen them? Know where to get them in the states?

I found one site that sells them in Europe, but they're prohibitively expensive. Would anyone be interested in one if I were to source materials and start producing a low quantity?
I really like the look, it exemplifies the zero ****s given attitude I have with my brick and the function over form mentality that you have to have with a completely non-performance oriented car. Here's a picture of a 240 with one:

htdvg0.jpg

You should start a group buy here...................you'll make a million dollars!

Looks like they're somewhat of a think overseas... now I've seen some Aussie cars with them, as well as the northern European ones I saw before. I'd be down to either make them or get a group buy going(although the one place with them doesn't seem to actually stock them) if people were interested, I'm dying to have one.

How original. Maybe whitewall tires will be next?

19032824-700-0.jpg

Seeing as I've NEVER seen this in the US before, except for the hard fiberglass ones on 90's trucks, I'd say it's something that isn't too common.

And my point still stands, there is no way to affordably get them for a 240 in the states.

Last edited:
Seeing as I've NEVER seen this in the US before, except for the hard fiberglass ones on 90's trucks, I'd say it's something that isn't too common.

And my point still stands, there is no way to affordably get them for a 240 in the states.

Well that's a nobrainer since you guys won't even pay conus shipping.

:roll:

They were quite common in the 1960s, grasshopper.

So you go out of your way and spend money to show that you don't care? Really?

If want people to point at you and talk about your car, just paint it pink, same effect!

Go to Lowes, buy $20 worth of sheet metal and a some sheet metal screws or rivets.

You must be rather young. Those type of visors have been around in the USA almost FOREVER.

My Father's brother had one on his 52 Chevy. Lots of 1920s and 30s car had them too.

You must be rather young. Those type of visors have been around in the USA almost FOREVER.

My Father's brother had one on his 52 Chevy. Lots of 1920s and 30s car had them too.

Yes, lots of old cars have them, I don't see 52 Chevy's on a daily basis so it's a pretty rare sight to see one of the visors as well. There appears to be absolutely zero available for the Volvos over here while they seem somewhat plentiful over in Europe, that is more the point I'm making.

The disadvantage with those visors is you can't see overhead traffic lights when you're stopped.

The disadvantage with those visors is you can't see overhead traffic lights when you're stopped.

True facts. I hadn't thought about that one. But I guess that falls into the same category as having to crawl over speed bumps and getting blinded by peoples low beams... haha

Back