• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

quick question: ignition wires

volvo940tuner

Quick question! I am trying to splice into a SWITCHED 12v power source to power up my AEM UEGO, what color wire on the ignition switch would suffice? I know the two large red wires are constant 12v power, but I need switched. IIRC, the SWITCHED 12v power is blue or green? This is in my '90 744 TiC. Thanks.

Come off a fuse in the fuse box, not igintion switch. Use test light or VM to test each fuse. There are switch & unswitched fuse in FB BTW

if its anything like my LC1...it will reset and warm the sensor up each time power is lost. so dont use an accesory fuse.....find like the coil power which will be hot in the on position...but still hot while cranking so it wont reset. this way too you can have the radio on and your wideband will be off.

if its anything like my LC1...it will reset and warm the sensor up each time power is lost. so dont use an accesory fuse.....find like the coil power which will be hot in the on position...but still hot while cranking so it wont reset. this way too you can have the radio on and your wideband will be off.

That's a good idea! I was wondering in addition is noise an issue on the source power with the wideband or is it something I shouldn't worry about?

i think its a non issue.....just make sure you ground them really well with bigger wire than required.....like 14g to the engine block. thats whats important. solder all joints

Interesting. It says to wire the power of the gauge to a switched 12V power source that utilizes a 10A fuse. Any thoughts or should I just start looking at the fuse box with a test light and see which 10A slot gets power when the key is in the third position?

(-) -> switch -> device.
(+) -> fuse -> device.

done.

(this is taking power directly off of the battery). Honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to jumper it off of anything. Too much trouble vs the price of copper ;-)

Back