• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Do I dare? China TBP

They’re surprisingly good. The ones I had were hard anodized on the outside as well.

I’ve got a set of these from AliExpress. Seem to work fine. Only got 175 miles on 16v engine but have kept timing spot on so far. Thinking of pinning once dialled in.

Buddy bought one. Timing mark was off but not anything you can't change.

edit: it was also a tight fit going on (for the 8v anyway) but overall it'll work and for the money it's worth it.

Put a degree wheel on it and check the marks, maybe chuck it in a lathe and check run out, or buy a nice one from a vendor on here..I for one am sick of import trash yeees you can roll the dice and out might be fine..I've had the crap last and had it fail

Put a degree wheel on it and check the marks, maybe chuck it in a lathe and check run out, or buy a nice one from a vendor on here..I for one am sick of import trash yeees you can roll the dice and out might be fine..I've had the crap last and had it fail

Lol so much work instead of supporting the local community.

Ya that's exactly the problem..I'm guilty I bought cheap roller rockers once and there still going 75 bucks for roller rockers, poly locks, and stud girdels...What a deal but these are on a stockish engine...now when things start spinning faster with thousands of dollars of rotating assembly now below them....I went with crane rockers and a.r.p.hardware

I'd take a chance on one of the shifters. Maybe not on the timing gears. :e-shrug:

My experience was that the timing gear was worth it, and the shifter was not :lol:

The timing gear never had any issues, and surpassed all my expectations.
The shifter required a torch to fit, and it rattled like crazy. My modified stock shifter with STS bushings is worlds better... and it was less money this way. But it's not anodized blue, and that black shift knob was pretty nice..

Buddy bought one. Timing mark was off but not anything you can't change.

edit: it was also a tight fit going on (for the 8v anyway) but overall it'll work and for the money it's worth it.

This.

That gear looks very similar to the group buy we did a while back. I guess the gear worked but I had to wallow out the I.D because it wouldn't fit over the cam snout. Also, The timing works were all way off and very hard to tell what degree you were actually running. And lastly, the gear was huge, pretty sure it didn't clear the stock timing cover.

All my experience is with an 8v though, so YMMV.

Honestly, an adjustable cam gear is really one of those things we all think we need but in the end, none of us really end up needing or using much.

Put the money elsewhere.

I felt the same way until I actually adjusted mine. Had it sitting at 2.5* advanced since I bought the gear many years ago. I finally advanced it a bit more and enjoyed the difference. But really, still, you're probably right.

Back