• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 chips may be a reality

I am interested in a LH2.2 chip.

But the socket would have to be real easy to solder in or a reasonably priced option by somebody (my solder skills are pretty weak).

cjjiii said:
Sign me up. I would be intersted.
Cost? Benefits?
Thanks
CJ
Cost $200 + 12.50 for shipping. It may also be cheaper (and I think it will be).

Geoff240Ti said:
I would be interested in chipping my LH2.2 car.. As long as there are benifits to chipping at only 10-12PSI.
The benefits will be the same as LH2.4, although the adaptability will not be as great as LH2.4.

But I guess all LH2.2 users already know that you have to do some tricks to install bigger injectors etc. not to run too rich at idle and stuff like that.

reeferman said:
we went down this road (you have to run the stock TPS)
Cheat. Use a LH3.1 throttle body/TPS.

edit: by "cheat" I mean add the stuff you need and cheat it up right.

towerymt said:
Cheat. Use a LH3.1 throttle body/TPS.

Yep, thats an easy thing or you can use one of the new other accel based enrichment schemes....

I bet you could fit the guts of a 850 TPS inside a lh2.2 TPS or earlier

Or put a TPS on the pedal,

potentiometers should not be a stumbling block

JonnyScorch said:
No turbo 240's with 2.2 in N. america.

actually a few 85' 240 turbos had LH 2.2 .... i've personally seen 4 that had to of been factory as two of them were sub 50k miles cars .. and the others 250k+ ... one of the 250k one the guy said he was teh original owner

thelostartof said:
actually a few 85' 240 turbos had LH 2.2 .... i've personally seen 4 that had to of been factory as two of them were sub 50k miles cars .. and the others 250k+ ... one of the 250k one the guy said he was teh original owner

i dont believe you

lol there are a few here in cali that are cali spec cars

ask around and look around the boards it has been mentioned once or twice about 85' 240 turbos getting 2.2... something like the last 100 made or something got it as volvo eitehr ran out of k-jet parts and had all of the 740 2.2 turbo stuff laying around

same reason you see a few rare 88' 740 n/a's with LH 2.4

i'll see what i can dig up but being idon't live in cali anymore or talk to those people its hard to find .. tho i'll see what i can but i know i've heard of more than a few 85' 240T's having LH 2.2

Thats cool.. now i need to make my search even more impossible.. an 85 black on black leather, M46, LH2.2 245ti.. oh and with less then 200k kms...

Ive got a lh2.2 240... but its got a 760 Turbo motor in it :-)

Id be interested in a chip too, assuming i can get the car running without problem for more than 2 days :-P

Back