• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No longer mom's grocery getter(1991 244)

Why remove the adapters?
Reduce the load on the steering components and allow me to run 15" wheels with factory steering quickness. I love the increased rear end grip, but I've fought ackerman issues since the start and instead of going through the hassle of getting it set up right, I want to reduce the load on the steering rack that wore out in two years and has internal slop in it now. This isn't necessarily all the adapters' fault, but the car is mostly a daily driver and will suffice without them again. I'll be able to make tighter u-turns again, which will also be nice.
No one has been able to successfully mess with ignition timing that I know. Ask Kenny.
I have done it... I have multiple chips with different ignition timing... Third table works. You just can't adjust IDLE ignition timing, that's fixed at 12? as long as the idle switch is activated. No big deal. ;-)

Front end is going up. I'd still keep em. Even with ipd springs.
Double post? And what do you mean the front end is going up? I'm not raising it... The rear needs to come down, if anything! :) The new exhaust has LOTS of clearance underneath now with the slip fit/band clamp instead of the V-band hanging super low, well, except for that part where it goes under the axle, that's really low... One day that'll get changed, but no rush.

Coulda sworn youbwere softening it up. So why ruin your roll center?
Yes, I'm sorta making it a better daily driver, but I'm not doing anything else suspension wise right now(except maybe cut the rear springs some more and make limiting straps out of old seat belts for them so I don't have to futz with them when lifting the car up. Otherwise, see below(or above)...
Reduce the load on the steering components and allow me to run 15" wheels with factory steering quickness. I love the increased rear end grip, but I've fought ackerman issues since the start and instead of going through the hassle of getting it set up right, I want to reduce the load on the steering rack that wore out in two years and has internal slop in it now. This isn't necessarily all the adapters' fault, but the car is mostly a daily driver and will suffice without them again. I'll be able to make tighter u-turns again, which will also be nice.

Re: Exhaust,
That being said, between the exhaust, cleaned 16v injectors(tossed them in last week without the FPR), and (possibly) the 3 deg. advance mod, I managed a best ever 25.67mpg. Previous best 4 have been 24.0, 24.0, 23.2 and one other 23. So that was cool. I can't wait to get a 2.5bar fpr on there, hopefully tomorrow or monday at the latest. I might also look into doing some aero mods underneath. I really really need to get at LEAST my Bilsteins installed up front, if not both them and the GT springs before Friday... Blah.

Your 244 is a clean car! Question on the MPGs; how were you able to get that solid of a number? I am happy if I get 20 around town in my 91 244.

Tuning, compression, having a well-maintained block with less miles, low car with all of thr factory air guides, manual trans.

Last edited:
Turbobricks? What is this Turbobricks?

:-P

I'll just leave these here for you guys to ponder.

Just in case no one clicked a link, here's a more direct statement:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=4929690&postcount=26
20140218_212823.jpg

Last edited:
Back