• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finally...introducing my new Volvo 245...(part 2 with better pics).lol.

700lbBench

2012-09-01_10-33-12_847.jpg

2012-08-31_18-51-32_731.jpg

Sweet ride, are those corvette z06 wheels are something! Introduce the car with some more info about it! Original paint or what, exterior looks great! I love that the pre-85's came without that horrible trim at the bottom of the doors and rear quarter panel.

you know a few VW guys??? :lol:

that looks great!

Sweet ride, are those corvette z06 wheels are something! Introduce the car with some more info about it! Original paint or what, exterior looks great! I love that the pre-85's came without that horrible trim at the bottom of the doors and rear quarter panel.

Actually...those are all mine. :) The Cabbie is a full on restoration with new everything and a built 2.0 16valve. The Corrado is a 1.8t swap.:)

The Volvo was purchased by a guy on Vashon Island in Wa. from Wagonmeister. Wagonmeister went through the car mechanically and cosmetically (the interior is like new). The guy from Vashon had a limited slip diff installed, then had a front caliper seize (he didn't know what was wrong), and proceeded to park it by his garage under a tree for a couple of years:wtf::cries:
I bought it for a paltry sum (was looking for a manual wagon in restorable shape for months), took it to my buddies shop and began researching and searching everything I could find about these things...which led me here:)
After much self doubt, I purchased the Estonia struts and shocks from ebay (best deal ever...the mechanic could not tell the difference between these and Bilsteins...plus they come with a warranty), and cut the springs 3 in front and 2 in the rear. Feels downright luxurious compared to my other rides. Highly recommend this set-up.
I had a set of Mercedes wheels that I planned on using that were 16s, so I bought some 25mm adapters (5x108 to 5x112). Well, the fitment looked like complete ass...mega poke. So now, I had the adapters and I also had a fresh set of 17 inch tires laying around from another project. The search was on for 5x112 17s that looked good. Not easy as it turns out. I found some wheels in the design I liked, but they were blingy...easy fix with some matte black plasti-dip. They are Effect wheels from Ebay..very light.
Wheels before..
2012-08-31_13-20-12_475.jpg

Wheels 5 minutes later...
2012-08-31_13-20-58_923.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. It is original Pale Yellow paint.

Tonight we just finished matte blacking the grill and headlight buckets (after fixing the passenger front door handle and re wiring the turn signals) I will add pics tomorrow in the light.

Last edited:
No doubt, I think the car looks amazing, the interior looks tan? I want more pic's, I'd consider buying a set of those wheels when I had the money.

Couldn't help but post ....picked up a flat hood and grill last night. Will finish bodywork this week and have it in paint next week if materials ate delivered..
I will have plenty of pics during the journey.

I used to go to school on Vashon! Love that place.... ok sorry about the off topic post but seriously. Vashon Island is awesome. Hippies with Volvo's everywhere.

That's the stance I want on my wife's 245.

Those Estonia struts and three in the front, two in the rear (sounds kinda durty)

QUOTE=canadianflathood;4318712]The stance and wheels look amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you:)

I used to go to school on Vashon! Love that place.... ok sorry about the off topic post but seriously. Vashon Island is awesome. Hippies with Volvo's everywhere.

No worries. I have lived in the PNW my entire life, and the first time to ever visit was to pick up the car. VERY cool place...and the people all seemed friendly too.

Wait, looking through the three threads you started on this car, did this car start as white? I like this color much better. Whats the interior of this thing look like, engine N/A, Turbo?

Wait, looking through the three threads you started on this car, did this car start as white? I like this color much better. Whats the interior of this thing look like, engine N/A, Turbo?

It has always been pale yellow...just the pics can get washed out. It has the brown interior (which is PERFECT). The engine is NA with the manual 4 speed plus electronic OD. It has 160k on the clock.
I have a few cars that are butt fast...this one is for the MPG and the family.

Looks nice Bro!

Thanks Brosef. It will be going quite a transformation in the next few weeks. Just got done sanding down the new flat hood and painting the new grill. In the middle of painting the trim now....(waiting for a coat to dry as we speak:))

Kudos on the effort, dig the wheels a lot, but meh color choice.

With the flash it changes the color alot. It really looks more like the original Volvo blue in real life....just Matte.

Also, the paint in the original pics lies a bit. The paint had water bubbles in it in a few spots from a bad re-paint. Also had its share of door dings and flaking...definately need a re-spray. I might go back to a pale yellow next time around.

Last edited:
Back