• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

losing my mind! need help with rack/tie rods!

ping23

I have a 91 740 NA wagon, I'm replacing all the suspension components and went to replace the inner tie rods. The boots look like trw/cam style so I ordered them but the thread is too small! I ordered zf and those are too small as well! Any ideas?

For TRW/CAM

Volvo 9140504 14mm threads
Volvo 1359347 18mm threads.

Do a Google search using volvo 1359347, you'll find what you need.

Maybe just that your car could have been manufactured in Belgium instead of Sweden. Maybe different parts supplier.

The boots may have been a certain type when the car was manufactured but have been replaced since, and no longer an indication of which rack it is. For example, I just installed a remanned ZF rack in my car (and it also had a ZF rack originally) and it came with the boots that don't have the rubber donuts, the ones that we normally associate with the CAM rack. They just use whatever they have.

Last edited:
my 1992 940 has the pn Volvo 1359347 18mm threads. I have a set of 14mm ones just sitting on my bench now.

Back