• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just replaced front Rotors, warped already, squeal badly!!

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, I'm not sure what to do here..........

THE PROBLEM:

Front Rotors were badly warped at 204,610 miles causing front wheels to shake......

Replaced front Rotors w/premium Brembo replacements, replaced pads with Albany brake pads I picked up at Autozone that were only ($19.95) since the PBR replacements that came were not the right ones although I specified Bendix Calipers. I think the Albany pads were like semi-metallic or something.

I had Big O' Tires do the work because they were close and I didn't have time.

The brakes were fine and everything until 214,000 miles where the front end began to shake badly again........

All front end Steering and Suspension components (Tie Rods, Ends, Suspension Control Arm Bushings) were replaced prior to all of this so I knew it's not that..........

I had the rear Rotors replaced and front Rotors turned, the Brakes were fine after, just squeaked a little, no big deal.

Now, a little over 220,000 miles the front end is starting to shake again! There is an annoying rubbing noise when slightly letting off the brake pedal sometimes and they squeak just when driving, they are squeaking badly!

I do not ride my Brakes and I even sometimes downshift to slow down when driving fast, then use the Brakes to save excessive brake wear!

THE QUESTION:

Is this becasue these Albany pads just suck and are destroying my Brembo Rotors or could I have some defective Rotors????? Is there anything else I should check into as to why my Rotors are warping so quickly????

I'm thinking about either just replacing the front Brembo Rotors with ATE vented rotors with PBR pads or should I just get the Rotors turned again and the pads replaced with something better.......?

are you sure it was the rotors? there is a bushing in the front end of the linkage and crap of the 740 that goes bad and makes things get the shakes after a while.

Kevin

Ya know, when reversing sometimes the brakes do feel like there are sticking or binding and there is more resistance in the pedal all of a sudden.......... It's strange, only happened in reverse........

So if the calipers are sticking, get new Calipers huh??? Or is there another possible fix..........?

Yeah, I know abou the front end shake issue due to the Stay Arm Bushings. I have iPD's Poly Sub kit installed. Replaced those at about 205,000 miles.............

Did you clean the hubs and make sure the discs were seated true on the hubs? Even a brand-new rotor is only as true as the hub it's bolted to.... If it's bolted to a layer of rust and schmeg....

Ok, it's a 700 w/ the bendix, firs thing to check are your caliper guide pins, something's telling me they're seized, and this is what's causing excessive wear, not a definite answer but they're simple enough to replace and you can get them in a kit for about $35.

Not 100% certain, but in the 7's Bendix it's a HUGE culprit

my $.02

Thanks for the info guys, right now I'm going to go with a front and rear rebuild kit right now, change the Albany pads to PBR and have the rotors turned again.

I'll also check out the Hubs............

Thanks..............!

Back