• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

parts or whole car?

roccodart440

I found a 88 740 turbo with low miles.

Should I buy the whole car or just get the parts to do the turbo swap? I have 91 240

What parts do I need and any quirks to this swap?

Is the car running & driving? If it is, buy the whole car. Swap the engine & transmission in one go into your 240. The ecu&ezk(ignition ecu) will not work but you can sell those to recoup some costs. Your car has LH 2.4 and you need the corresponding turbo ecu&ezk for your 240.

Will the engine and trans swap without issue? I figured it would but I have read a few things about distributer issues.

Also, you mentioned I need a 240 ecu. To clarify I’ll need a eco and a ezk from a turbo 240?

Last, if that is the case, where is the easiest place to get those

Personally I would just turbo your engine. Swapping the engine over is a terrible idea IMO because you’re going to a 9mm rod motor vs your 13mm rod motor. And you’d have to swap over sensors and distributor.

Turboing your current engine is easy peasy if you’re patient. You’ll want lh2.4 turbo ecus. Preferably the 9xx ecu. Don’t remember the part number ending for the ezk. Post in wanted I bet you could get both for around $100.

If your car is auto it will die in short time. The aw71 auto from a turbo car will do you wonders.

Back