• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 eftersom rallybil

Oh nooooooooo. This thread is now worthless without pics. **** you photobucket. Now I need to figure out how to get pics back.

Epic photos from when we went out and took pics for the roadkill article. Ill link more later. Here’s the link to the page.
https://birdphotographic.smugmug.com/Automotive/Trophyvo/i-h9bkcSR

IMG_3900fb-D.jpg

IMG_3899fb-D.jpg

IMG_3909fb-D.jpg

Congrats on the RK article. And the awesome car. I was watching some of your videos and imagining how comfy this must be. Like a bigger heavier RZR Turbo for pennies on the dollar.

When I was out in Ocotillo a few weekends ago, our group had a 4-seat RZR Turbo (rental) and the Class 5 Baja Bug that lives at our shop. The RZR broke, BJB did not. But with durability comes discomfort, at least in the land of 1930s economy cars modified to take huge jumps and win desert races. If you can make a RWD Volvo survive out there it seems like a great compromise between expensive new tech on the one hand, and cheap old school durability on the other.

After the roadkill article I decided to go to a off-road time trials event. I knew what the course had in store for me so I added some hydraulic bump stops on the front. Strengthens the lower arms a little more to take the hits. The bumspstops are 2.0 x4” travel that I shortened to 2.5” travel.

I cleaned the car up for the time trials.

It was a very large field that day.

The first lap was very muddy.

Then I ran out of talent. There was mud coming up to this and I came in way too hot and hot the tire very hard. It actually bent the front back but the suspension was ok. It did break the motor mount then that made the distributor shear the tab on the rotor. I fixed it with a screw and finished the day out.

I was one of like 12 people that hit this damn tire. Several people rolled and a few others tore suspension off or broke other things.

I went back out for 3 more laps and won my class by 12 seconds. It put me like 19th overall out of a huge field of pure race cars, race trucks, and even some pretty knarly side by sides.

I then made a trip to king of the hammers. I ended up using the car as a pit/ chases vehicle for several racers. 9 days and over 2 tanks of fuel in the dirt took its toll on me and the only issue I had with the car was the top hat tore out so we welded the top to the body at a vendors (ruffstuff) booth.

Back