• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Introduction to the New Board

boostdemon

creative mastermind
As most of us are aware, we as a community out grew our previous board to the point where it was no longer economical to source ezboard for hosting. In response and with some hard work (trust me, its a lot of nit-picking) we have built one pretty bad ass board out of the stock phpBB code (if i say so myself). We are hoping this serves our needs well beyond what we were working with before. With the server in our control along with the database the board runs on, our options are basically limitless.

Here are a few basic questions that might help the learning curve a bit:

Registration; how, why, what?

The additional options/functions you would get are: avatar/icon in your posts, profile photo, private messaging between users, edit/delete capabilities, and a listing in the members section. Although its not required, it is recommended.
:!: The process is as follows: go to the ?Forum Options? drop-down at the top of the page, choose ?Register? from the menu. Read the brief guidelines and click ?I agree?. Fill out as much info as you would like, required fields are marked, and you can always go back and add/edit your info. Hit submit. At this point the server will email you an activation email to the email address you provided. Check your email and click the provided link to complete your registration. This is sent out immediately from turbobricks, however please allow up to 24 hours to allow those of you with crappy ISP?s to deliver your mail to you before im?ing or emailing me or Garrett to manually activate you.
To edit/add/remove information or options (signature, avatar, car model, etc) to your profile, just click on the ?Profile? option in the drop-down for ?Forum Options?. Don?t be afraid to use the ?FAQ?s? link as well (let me know if you think its missing something)

Page Errors, bugs, or missing functionality

If you run into any problems or things you might think are problems, let us know. Chances are you?re not the only one. A running list of reported problems people have noted is being recorded here: <a href=http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=47>Bugs, errors, and other jargon</a>

I want to give you all my money!

At this time we have collected all the donations that were provided through ezboard and the cafepress store front and they will be going towards turbobricks.com expenses which include possible hosting opportunities, ?freebies?, and whatever else we can think of that would require money we don?t have. We will post a donation-a-thon thread for which ever purpose when the time comes. (in the mean time, that new S60R you all are helping me buy looks mighty tasty :badboy: j/k)

New Forums and mods

In an attempt to reduce the righteous from the rift-raft we have subcategorized our forum structure a little more. Don?t worry, we?re not ones to build out 100 forums with a few posts in each, but we thought the easiest way to discriminate thread content was to give each its own. Splitting the ?post your car pics? (aka 56k killer) threads from the performance junkies threads will help ease the nerves I think.
There are 3 new mods who have been selected to take over the everyday edit/delete/move duties of a few of the new forums. This is to allow Garrett the focus he needs to keep the rest of the main board flowing smoothly. They?re all equal to everyone else, they just hold an extra tidbit of responsibility, mainly to set a good example and help out where possible.

-Dana

Back