• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

If I was going to build my own I would have done away with the resonator. I figure no cat is a decent trade off for having the resonator though. I'd love to weld my own up, I just don't know when I'll get the time. They accepted my "best offer", so this was $315 shipped. I have to say, it looks like a nice exhaust for the price, darn you China. I would like to build a 3" dp this summer to finish things off.

What is this Xtian hipidy hop and how can I get some? :lol:

I can hook a brother up. B-SHOC, good stuff.:-P

Noice. Helped a friend install a ebay special stainless exhaust on his integra. Cheaper than a stock replacement. Only one hanger needed to be tweaked a little. Otherwise nice for the price.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I also like the dual tips on this as apposed to the big honkin' thing they have on the end of the TME catback that I had on my 7. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of difference this makes. I was looking at things last night and noticed that the stock exhaust is schmushed down to about 1.75" at the over the axle pipe. Dat's no bueno.

Thanks. I didn't even realize they fit until I noticed that they looked the same as late 940 headrests. They make me want the S90 SE seats that Benjam83 is selling. Between tax returns and selling my triumph, I may be able to make that happen. If they're still available.

Clean wagon is clean. You really know how to find them and keep them nice.

BTW, the seats......they're still here...........and I might be in the StL this weekend....

Clean wagon is clean. You really know how to find them and keep them nice.

BTW, the seats......they're still here...........and I might be in the StL this weekend....

Thanks Ben! Sadly, the project I was tasked to is on indefinate shutdown so my job is kinda tenuous right now. I was hoping to pick those up this spring, but even if I sell the bike, I doubt I'll be able to swing them. The exhaust was due to be replaced, so I convinced the wife this purchase was justified. Don't think I can pull that off with the seats. If things change, I'll be in contact fo' sho.

Unless they have changed it, the rear hangers don't line up right (at least on mine they didn't) No big deal though, just use the stock bracket/hanger thingy.

Yeah I heard that. I also heard that some people had to trim a section to get it to fit right. I'm curious how much work I'll have to do. Having a reason to break out the mig wouldn't hurt my feelings though, I'll just have to grab some wire.

Yeah I heard that. I also heard that some people had to trim a section to get it to fit right. I'm curious how much work I'll have to do. Having a reason to break out the mig wouldn't hurt my feelings though, I'll just have to grab some wire.

Mine was harder to install because I was trying to reinvent the wheel. I was trying to adapt the 2 muffler section to the rest of my 3" to shut it up a little bit. It worked, many hours/days/weeks of rage later. Then it got destroyed when a vband broke and dropped off 1/2 of my exhaust at 80 mph on the way to SE last year. :lol::raincloud:

Mine was harder to install because I was trying to reinvent the wheel. I was trying to adapt the 2 muffler section to the rest of my 3" to shut it up a little bit. It worked, many hours/days/weeks of rage later. Then it got destroyed when a vband broke and dropped off 1/2 of my exhaust at 80 mph on the way to SE last year. :lol::raincloud:

Attention: This is how not to do it. :lol::-P

So I have the old one off. Nothing too eventful, but manhandling everything by yourself is always fun. Didn't botch cutting the rearmost set of hangers off on the rear muffler, yay. Using the stock hanger for the rear muffler.

I test fit the resonator and test pipe: fitment is not on point. I'll have to evaluate things to see if I need to use a different hanger for the resonator, if the test pipe need to be cut down or if I need to cut the end of the downpipe. I know when I fit it, the test pipe was close to hitting the floor because the bends weren't falling in the right spot.

Last edited:
36068709185_c75650457c_c.jpg

Cut the end of the test pipe and had to get hardware for the downpipe flange. The usual fitting tweaks and then I took it for a test drive; didn't hear anything hitting the floor. I'm going to try to get the muffler up a smidge higher and replace the cheapo clamps with band claps, other than that it seems to fit pretty good. I don't know if I just wasn't laying into it much before, but under full throttle I have some significant boost creep now. Sonofa.

Last edited:
Describe significant. Enough to cut fuel (do 940s even have a fuel cutoff for excessive boost)?

I doubt if it previously existed and you didn't catch it when not laying into it. It's most likely due to that shiny new exhaust and lack of a cat. Do these have external wastegates?

Exhaust looks sweet, btw.

Last edited:
Describe significant. Enough to cut fuel (do 940s even have a fuel cutoff for excessive boost)?

I doubt if it previously existed and you didn't catch it when not laying into it. It's most likely due to that shiny new exhaust and lack of a cat. Do these have external wastegates?

Exhaust looks sweet, btw.

Thanks brother. Ok, first off, I need a real boost gauge. Yeah, I know. I'm thinking I was running about 10-12 before. Now it's set at probably closer to 8 and it's running up to the point where I get marbles in a can. No bueno. This has an integral wastegate and no boost cut. I knew I'd have to lower the boost afterwards, but now it seems like the mbc and wastegate can't keep it locked down. I want to get one of these:

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/Product_MSIBC.html

That'll give me boost gauge and some solid boost control.

Looks like it's time for a bigger turbine wheel?

Like I said on FB, I'd like to get a 16t eventually.

Exhaust looks nice!

Thanks. It needed a new exhaust, so this was a convenient upgrade. Definitely helps it *look* more modded than before.

Last edited:
Entered the wagon in the St. Louis European Auto Show that was held today. I did a full exterior treatment on it in preparation. Wash, claybar, polish, wax and detail. It ended up making it pretty shiny.

36068719025_24da5c4510_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back