• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

I almost wanted to buy another NIW intake just to hoard them...

Installing that was a snowball for me, as far as supporting work. Had to re-do the IC piping, work out the throttle spool and cable, get the TPS out there, then it basically strong armed me into re-doing my fuel system with all -6 stuff. Favorite part I have though, it's really an impressive piece of work.

I almost wanted to buy another NIW intake just to hoard them...

Installing that was a snowball for me, as far as supporting work. Had to re-do the IC piping, work out the throttle spool and cable, get the TPS out there, then it basically strong armed me into re-doing my fuel system with all -6 stuff. Favorite part I have though, it's really an impressive piece of work.

I told my wife I was going to take a break from spending on the wagon... and then the intake popped up. I've been drooling over JohnMc's 16v NIW intake for years. When one popped up and he said he wasn't going to make more anytime soon, I debated vigorously for about 6 minutes before not consulting with the wife and pulling the trigger. Even the wife is impressed, and she's not really into cars at all.

I figure it was one of those kind of projects. It'll probably be next winter before I put that on.

Awesome! I'll be there. That's pretty close (in Midwest terms) to where I live.

Also... this has taken a sudden turn away from OEM+. Looking good!

Thanks Cheese Snob. Looking forward to catching up.

I have a fitting sitting around in the garage somewhere that will hook the stock fuel supply line to the NIW fuel rail. I'm no longer using it because mine is all -6 back to the DW pump inside the tank.

Our second kid tricked us into having a third. It is a significant change. Actually it was HUGE and has made life way harder than it was with two. Don't love him any less, but man its hard. Congratulations now that I've scared you!

Those intakes are art aren't they? Mine sure pretties up the dirty block sitting on the stand in the garage.

Oh and congrats AJ!

Jordan

Every child is a blessing! We have 7 and the four that drive, drive volvos! I get plenty of garage time now that they need their cars fixed! Lol! Congratulations and enjoy every minute and all of the hard (but good) work!
Dan

I have a fitting sitting around in the garage somewhere that will hook the stock fuel supply line to the NIW fuel rail. I'm no longer using it because mine is all -6 back to the DW pump inside the tank.

If find, can haz?

dang man, idk how i didnt see this thread til now

Well come on in then. At this point I really should just have this thread moved to projects.

Our second kid tricked us into having a third. It is a significant change. Actually it was HUGE and has made life way harder than it was with two. Don't love him any less, but man its hard. Congratulations now that I've scared you!

Those intakes are art aren't they? Mine sure pretties up the dirty block sitting on the stand in the garage.

Oh and congrats AJ!

Jordan

Thanks for the panic attacks Jordan.

Every child is a blessing! We have 7 and the four that drive, drive volvos! I get plenty of garage time now that they need their cars fixed! Lol! Congratulations and enjoy every minute and all of the hard (but good) work!
Dan

Woah, 7 kids. That's so many years of caring for <4 year olds. I can't even imagine, props to you good sir. But yeah, we're excited. There is a issue that they're watching closely. Everything's going great so far, we're just praying that he arrives with relatively little drama.

Meh....I cant help but think if you can manage living with 2 kids, 3 will somehow be less work.

"Let go, or die of a heart attack and/or brain aneurysm" is my motto.

Last edited:
After nearly 2 years, I finally got the 15g on. I tried to clean and paint and replace stuff as I went so it took a couple of weekends. Hopefully replacing the two coolant lines on the oil filter base will fix a slow coolant leak I've had the past year or so. I also did a bit of porting on a spare non-egr exhaust manifold I had laying around. Between the Turbosmart EBC and the Kinugawa wastegate actuator, boost seems pretty solid. I've only driven the car 15 or so miles, so I'll have to mess with it to tune the response of the ebc and settle in to my max boosts; right now it's at 12psi. Car scoots pretty nicely now.

2016-04-02%2017.00.10.jpg

2016-04-02%2016.58.55.jpg

2016-04-03%2014.18.33.jpg

2016-04-03%2014.20.09.jpg

20160717_133623.jpg

Last edited:
Oooo. Very nice. Anything else happening before bringing it up to Elkhart Lake?

M90, come hell or high water. Still waiting on the flywheel and clutch from Yoshifab. I might have to pay to have it put in, my third kid is due in a bit over a month. #breeder

Back