• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230F & 60-2 Trigger Wheel

84B23F

Anyone mounted one on crankshaft pulley?

Got an older M46...hence...chances are, it would not mate to M47's bell-housing?

thx

The 60-2 is on the flywheel so it wouldn't be a problem with the M46.

I fact my K-jet 82-245 Turbo has the stock 60-2 LH2.4 flywheel in it and a 740 Turbo sachs clutch to boot.

~~~~~~~~~

Wait what was the question again?

You really need to look in a service manual.

Let's see:

1975-244 with M46 (via salvage yard, previous owner installed it,..years ago)

Thus, flywheel is not 60-2, nor is that M46-bell-housing with that CPS hole.

Bell-Housing - Last I knew, it mates to block, and transmission...learned that back in 1967.

RE: I'm guessing you didn't attempt to search at all,

I'm not a novice Google seacher, but if search terms aren't "perfect," you will miss stuff

Here is what I used: 60-2 Trigger Wheel b230f site:http://forums.turbobricks.com

Two Questions:

1. M47 Bell Housing - Will it mate to older M46?

2. 60-2, yes it has been done...URL for a B230F being converted to crank trigger wheel, on front side???

thx

Nobody has good luck with a crank snout trigger. The pickup is always moving around and causing issues. There is a reason the smart(er) engineers at Volvo used the flywheel and the morons at Ford didn't.

Nobody has good luck with a crank snout trigger. The pickup is always moving around and causing issues. There is a reason the smart(er) engineers at Volvo used the flywheel and the morons at Ford didn't.

I'm betting Volvo didn't have much of a say in it..the Germans at Bosch told them how to do it :)

bmw has a pulley mounted 60-2 that you could probably retrofit.

60-2 Trigger Wheel Custom EFI VEMS Megasquirt Megajolt Mercedes M116 M117 96.5mm

$(KGrHqF,!n0E8VH06geIBPS!CWym3Q~~60_35.JPG

Rigidly mounting a sensor on the front of the engine is no different from rigidly mounting it to the back. They are completely equivalent. Ergo, those people are doing it wrong.

That's just plain wrong. A front-mounted trigger wheel doesn't have problems if you actually build the bracket right.

I agree, but id say it takes much more effort and skill to build a proper front bracket then to just fit the factory pickup for the flywheel.

Back