• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

88 dash circuit board and 91 dash circuit board swap

57plymouth

I have a set of LED dash lights that I would like to put into my 1991 245. I have a dash cluster out of a 1988 that will accept the larger bulb holders than the halogen bulbs in the 1991. Can I swap the circuit boards if I take the time to drill the hole for the service reminder stalk? Will the wiring interchange? I have custom Dave Barton faces on my gauges, so I want to use the gauges out of the 1991 as well.

Thanks!

Well, I'm getting tired of the lack of instrument lights. I've dinked around trying to get the bulbs working, and I've tested the bulbs for continuity. I can't get them going. I know I can get a set of the older bulbs working on my spare cluster.

So what is involved in swapping the older style circuit board in the 1988 cluster into my 1991 cluster? Can I just swap the gauges onto the board and be done with it? I don't care if the service reminder light is inoperative, so that's not an issue for me.

Well, I'm getting tired of the lack of instrument lights. I've dinked around trying to get the bulbs working, and I've tested the bulbs for continuity. I can't get them going. I know I can get a set of the older bulbs working on my spare cluster.

So what is involved in swapping the older style circuit board in the 1988 cluster into my 1991 cluster? Can I just swap the gauges onto the board and be done with it? I don't care if the service reminder light is inoperative, so that's not an issue for me.

There are two ways I can think of.

1) You break out the wiring diagrams and compare, then plan what needs doing and forge ahead with your mods.

or 2) You hang around until someone else does it and documents the process.

I'd normally say you can't really hurt anything by proceeding with #1, but I'm not so confident of that if getting a pair of light bulbs to turn on has got you stymied. Did you smoke the dimmer?

Doesn't the 91 also have an airbag circuit (SRS)? How will that fit into your swap?

Thought there was someone on here selling LED light "kits" for 240s. I know I bought a set but haven't had a chance to install them. Also need to look for them. ?????:-(

... but I'm not so confident of that if getting a pair of light bulbs to turn on has got you stymied. Did you smoke the dimmer?

I'm getting continuity across the circuit from the board, through the bulb, back to the bulb. I've tested the bulbs and they are good. They just don't come on. The light in the small clock is working, which is tied into the tach plug. The center stack is lit, just not the cluster.

Back