• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Should I be worried?!!?!!!

Slimssousa

NA b230 straight piped w/ a "cold air intake"

I revved the motor up by using the throttle in the engine bay and all of a sudden a loud pop occurred. It almost sounded like it came from my pod filter intake. Any idea why that happened? The motor is pretty old 320,000miles

Last edited:
Yes, you should be worried and start looking around whenever on the street. I will find you for that "awesome cold air intake" mod and have my revenge for the volvo gods.
Edit: nvm its a 7 series, read my sig and have fun. Also what you described is an early backfire.

after the pop I didnt drive it... I was messing around with a few buddies at my house. But it did seem to sound fine/ normal after the pop

Lol you ****ers really do hate my "cold air intake" don't you ;-)

Yes, we do. Especially we, the 7 series zealots.

Seriously, n/a air leaks lead to lean mixture, lean mixture leads to backfire into intake, backfire into intake leads to blown out MAFs, bent valves and other cool things to brag about to friends.

Induce some more and give the poor 8v a painful yet quick death.

Yes, we do. Especially we, the 7 series zealots.

Seriously, n/a air leaks lead to lean mixture, lean mixture leads to backfire into intake, backfire into intake leads to blown out MAFs, bent valves and other cool things to brag about to friends.

Induce some more and give the poor 8v a painful yet quick death.
I put the factory airbox back on just for you guys ;)

Back