• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Seam Sealer Bodyworks

bartman

Anyone have suggestions where one should use seam sealer on a 1980 240? I have done the upper gutter above the windows, hit a small place next to the taillight holes, and swabbed the crap out of the places where I rolled the rear fenders. Did I miss somewhere?
Thanks!

If you look in your trunk and take a look inside the butt cheeks. You can see seam sealer used to seal the edges of one panel welded to another. That is the usual method that seam sealer is used for. Then it is painted over. From your description I'd suggest using a rust sealing paint like rust encapsulator or POR15.

I put it on the seam where the front floor meets the side in the footwell: I'm talking about the part to the right of the passenger's feet, from floor to cowl.

Mine leaked there.

POR 15 makes a seam seal product that is supposed to be pretty good. Going to give it a shot on some crust that has formed at the seam seal between the firewall and hinge pillar thanks to some crappy collision repairs.

Back