• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motorcycle carbs on a B21

Gonna tap in a few vacuum ports so there can still be brake assist and climate control bits?

Yes. I'm probably going to tap each runner and run a vacuum manifold like I did on my old GTI. Much better brake assist than one runner.
img20120613111625.jpg

Just had a customer drop off some take off carbs from a Kawasaki GPZ1100, I think they're 39mm but I have to check.

Has anyone tried this with a 16v setup?

What's your plan for air filtration? Pod filters?

Jesse (joa) had some on a 16v in a 140. Years ago there wa a video of it running. I don't know whatever happened to it.

Jordan

Yes. I'm probably going to tap each runner and run a vacuum manifold like I did on my old GTI. Much better brake assist than one runner.
img20120613111625.jpg

There should already be a vacuum port on each carb. Its what is used to balance them on the bike. Since most bikes need little to no vacuum, they get plugged after the balance is done, but they will be there. Look online for instructions on how tow balance these carbs.

You should be able to put a nipple on each carb and run them together with some "T"'s to get good vacuum.

Also the Dynojet jet kits work well for these CV carbs. It makes the midrange needle adjustable and quickens throttle response really nicely.

I doubt it. As long as each carb's port is used.

Another thing you can do is use a common air filter element or airbox instead of individual air filters. It will give it some extra torque if your airbox is 1.5 to 2 times the displacement of the motor.

Of course individual pod filters goves you maximum cool factor and noise!

Plenty of bike carbs/bodies out there that can be split/spaced to evenly space them out for a nice direct inlet tract, did these just happen to crop up at the right price or? Should still be fun though!

have you checked to see if this'll pass NC vehicle safety inspection laws?

Plenty of bike carbs/bodies out there that can be split/spaced to evenly space them out for a nice direct inlet tract, did these just happen to crop up at the right price or? Should still be fun though!

I was hoping these were able to be spaced but it doesn't appear so. Either way, you're either making a manifold to fit the carbs, or you're making linkages/messing with the spacing to fit the manifold. Depends on what kind of tools you have and what kind of person you are to deem which is easier. It's probably better for flow spacing them out and using straight runners, but this b21 isn't going to be breaking any records.

have you checked to see if this'll pass NC vehicle safety inspection laws?

Shouldn't be any reason why not, it's just a safety inspection they don't check for tampering or really care about what method you use to deliver fuel. If it is a problem, I know people who will pass me.

Manifold is done, waiting on my intake gasket to get here and going to try and fire her up. Should probably order some new jets too.
vV63CTsl.jpg

Wp2EsF1l.jpg

I wouldn't be so skeptical, I'd be willing to bet that this thing is going to be pretty quick with some decent tuning.

Drool. I want this. Bad.

Back