home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 02-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #476
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

magnaflow... it was magnaflow ;) just had a lightning ;)
MadDog_945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:36 AM   #477
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

Yeah.. update.. had the Idea to go to the Zulassungstelle and get me a Kurzzeitkennzeichen without TüV. Im only allowed to drive in my local district and i need to be always on a direct way to home or from home to "Erlangung der Hauptuntersuchung" like an opportunity to reach the tüv.. in german law many things are "Auslegungssache" interpretation.. it says im only allowed without Tuev and a KZK zu drive to the TüV and back home.. or to a repair shop to make repairs to finally get TüV ;) So i drove 250kms back and forth to a buddy of mine who has a Volvo Werkstatt to improve the Software and listen to some broken things the car has to fix them to finally get TüV ;)

In the End of this drive i know which things to fix and what to do with the LH.. ditch it ;) The Gearbox outshaft bearing is fried, the driveshaft bearing is.. .. no more and the axles in-bearing is also fried.. so: Redo the whole axle and subframe with painting and stuff, open the M90 and measure als bearings and find the proper SKF equivalent and replace the driveshaft bearing.

It runs pretty pretty lean cause the Software we did was for that huge t3t70 turbo.. the 15G td04hl runs much too lean. But i really dont want to put much more effort/money into this LH scrap. To tune it properly a need another Ostrich or at least burn the software from the ostrich on a chip, put it into EZK and put the Ostrich on the ECU again to tune and then redo all steps to tune the EZK again ^^ i want VEMS.. or Link.. or whatever.. ^^

I did a video on youtube to show my software buddy the problems with lean conditions per remote ;)

and i realize: my nordish accent is pretty distinct :D

Oh... yeah.. pics! I installed also the do88 watercooler behind the do88 IC which was in there before and the new exhaust setup holds pretty awesome.. and no droning ! bam!

Finally this ride with some good and some (preknown) bad readings was pretty necessary.. feels good to be kicked in the back by your seats. I lost that feeling completely.. i now have bock again to finalize this car.

Last edited by MadDog_945; 03-05-2018 at 04:07 AM..
Old 03-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #478
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler

Sieht prima aus. Viel Glueck mit'm TueV...

Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #479
SquareD
An Anomaly

Car looks great and I'm sure it's a blast to drive. Who makes that strut tower brace? Looks super beefy.
1994 945ti | 15g @ 14psi, Turbosmart EBC, AEM Failsafe WB, 3"/2.5" exhaust, do88 intercooler, iPd cam, STS cam gear, Ostrich LH tune, sbabbs EZK chip, green giants, K&N, Yoshifab CCV/Can/Cap, iPd SS brake lines, TME, Eibach, BNE, Koni suspension, iPd sways, iPd panhard, Cherry Turbos upper/lower braces, forged BBS RG-Rs, Michelin Pilot SS, ecodes, V90 bits.
1985 744ti | 13.8 @ 100.5 mph - Sold after 20 years.
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #480
12david34
Board Member

I had no idea that this turd looks sooo geil with that body kit!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:43 AM   #481
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

thx guys ! i really appreciate your comments
Old 03-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #482
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

i want to redo my whole m90, so i decided to open one to get all measurements for ordering new SKF HD stuff ;)

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=94325&page=23
Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 AM   #483
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

Yeah.. right now I am again in a Situation where i need to find out what to do.

That 5 day trial really kicked me going back to business and finish this thing, but the Problem is heres a bit rust and theres a bit "maintainance jam" ^^next to all the blingbling parts. This is going to be fixed, but.. in the End i have an engine which doesnt run good with the software i have and I really dont want to bother again with that crappy LH.. i sunk so much money in this pile and i dont want to spend any cent on going further with LH.. Also it wont pass the dyno test which is required for getting tüv again. when it only would need to pass emissions there were zeoro problems at all.. but that dyno where the tüv guys need to say, yep: thats reasonable is a big problem when it gets lean so much ;)

I totally often wrote here: "this winter im going MS2, MS3, MS3x then VEMS".. I now got a pretty good shot at an "old" blue LinkG4 Storm.. do it? Seems like the engine must get out again to fix some rust problems in the bay.. on that turn i could open the engine again and look at all the things I#ve done to it.. years ago ;) and install the yoshifab DSM CAS i have laying around for going full seq. ?? Darn...

I even bought a cheap 250cc quad this spring, only because i doesnt want to sit under my car again when all my garage buddies having fun with their toys in summer :D
Old 05-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #484
JerryJS8
der Junge

hmmmmmm, yep, you're in a pickle! You want to borrow my lh boxes for the dyno run?
- 1990 744 16v (pegleg drift can)
- 1992 480 (Renault disaster)

- 1989 745 16v
- 1991 744 (SE) Turbo 16v (restauration project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordmaschine View Post
Try to recreate and see what happens, our crystall ball servers are currrently down.
JerryJS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #485
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

opened the diff.. now the axle overhaul starts together with subframe strenghthening and fabbing adj torque arms out of stainless..

also i will need to do some derusting and preventure when the axle is out.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #486
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

got the axle out.. ordered some brantho korrux antrazit glimmer for all the susoension parts.. subframe is going to be welded and the axle will get a rebuild of all parts..

made no pics..

somebody reinforced their trailingarms? would be interested in some pics ;)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #487
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

So.. finally found my digicam

Bought some Brantho Korrux 3in1 antirust, much better than Hammerite, dissassembled the whole axle, derusted all parts with a brushplate on my anglegrinde, found some rust under my Hausser skirts, lined up all axlebearings for everyones education, dezinced the weldingspots on my subframe, welded it and so on..

And the Bearings

Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 AM   #488
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

Some Updates..

Welded the Frame completely and painted some other suspension parts

Cleaned the diffhousing a bit from shm00

Looksy.. i was hunting.. ;)

Made some new sheets to adapt to that bendingarea around these thorns which go into the rubbermounts, welded them also shut.

IPd blue isnt that great ;)

Dont know if you guys know fertan, but it is awesome for rustconverting and it has an unbelievable stink to it..

Brantho Korrux.. best antirust and preventionpaint you can find out there..

The gun i sprayed it on with.. you need to add nitrothinner or it wont leave the tank ;)

Oh.. and the bearings came in ;)

Last edited by MadDog_945; 07-09-2018 at 02:59 AM..
Old 07-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #489
Brotkasten
Board Member