As of this moment, nope.
73 1800es - resto
08 c30 T5 6spd - daily
97 dakota 5.2 4x4 single cab short bed - apocalypse mobile
pat244ti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:07 AM   #52
Mr.bigTurboMan
Board Member

I had dream last night that I drove an 1800ES with an Alfa Romeo v6.

I think its a sign that you should do that.
Mr.bigTurboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:09 AM   #53
Shifted
C&M '17 Survivor

That wasn't a dream, that was a nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Doing something because you enjoy it is a must in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME II View Post
Without mistakes there is no learning.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity" - Rick Rigsby
Shifted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #54
pat244ti

I had thoughts of getting PRV'erted with it but I'm just gonna keep it simple.

B20 w/dual side drafts or LH 2.2
Old 08-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #55
pat244ti

Went to the Bay Area this weekend to go to a couple of Giants games, and do a loop to pick up parts.

Went to Kens to get some stuff for the 140 mostly but he donated a b20 KJet intake manifold in the name of science.

Went to Windsor afterwards, met an old gentlemen who had some nice 1800 stuff he was selling as a lot for $160. I was mostly in it for the near perfect windshield that came out of his 71 1800, but I got a good amount of spares for the 1800 and the 140 to keep and other random bits and bobs I can sell.

Fiddled with the KJet intake today. Initially I was thinking of welding an LH throttle body on the end of it, but after some looking at it I figured it would be easier to swap parts between the two. The throttle plate is the exact same size between the two, the only difference being the LH throttle body has a half moon slot on one end of the shaft for the TPS to mount to.

On one side, I'll just have to weld up a nut along where the casting is in the center with a screw through it to serve as a throttle stop/idle adjustment.

On the other side, it will just be a matter of properly mounting the plate that mounts the TPS. Also need to get new seals that pop around the each end of the shaft

Kinda cool finding out things are not that hard

Thanks Ken again for the manifold!
Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #56
pat244ti

Needed motivation on this thing, so I bought some slightly used 205/65/15 Uniroyal's and slapped them on the MSW's I've been threatening to sell to fund the rally car.

Speaking of the rally car, I have a 1983 244DL I bought cheap off Crazychopstick. The panels that are not rusted are getting used as backups for the rally car. The car has a really tight B23F [10.3:1!] and since nobody wants my OHC mounts or T5 stuff, I guess I will plan on using it for the ES. I sold the 75 B20 I had for this months ago after I found out it needed more work than expected.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #57
pat244ti

So this newfound motivation is [kind of] going places.

The car was repainted by Maaco literally a week after it was purchased in 1973. While I believe they did it in #42 California White, I am not 100% certain. I took the hood to a local auto paint place and had them match it. I only bought a pint, but I think it should be enough to do the spots where the rust repairs were done. My plan down the line is to finish all the nitpicky bodywork like the roof rack holes a few years from now and do a whole paint job.

Also, my significant other works for Specialized Bicycles, which is down the road from Iroll Motors. Had her pick up a windshield seal as well as new trim clips and a few other miscellenous items to complete the outside of the car again. I have a glass guy coming to put the windshield in next week.

My plan right now is to still work my way from the outside of the car to the inside to make it complete again. Once that is done I should have my drivetrain plans sorted out.

I ended up selling my Bob Foltz upright mounts, as well as my T5 adapter. I am going this weekend to look at a 1994 850 sedan with a thrashed interior and exterior but most importantly an M56. Apparently it runs great and the price is more than right. I am going to drive it for a little bit while I put my C30 down for a new timing belt, water pump, axle and and exhaust system.

Plan with the 850 after that is to strip it and crush it. The M56 swap bits will fetch me back some money, and maybe some other parts too. But the engine as well as the ECU's will be saved for the 1800. It will stay naturally aspirated using the factory engine management, an 850 cluster and an M90 or a T5 behind it.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #58
doucheNozzle

Why was it repainted?

'00 XC70 SE - Slow
'04 V70 T5A - Feels Fast
doucheNozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:31 PM   #59
matt b
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doucheNozzle View Post
Why was it repainted?
Judging by the gold patches where the trim and accessories were, I'd guess it was a color change.
matt b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #60
pat244ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt b View Post
Judging by the gold patches where the trim and accessories were, I'd guess it was a color change.
This.

I had a long conversation with the 95 year old lady [in 2008] I bought it from before I made an offer on the car, because I could tell she had an attachment to the car I wanted to listen. She mentioned they [her and her husband who owned the car] originally wanted a white one, but the dealer had the gold one ready to go. Her husband was part of a jazz group in SF and people in the group joked the gold was too flashy. It also did not stand out enough when they would go duck hunting in the central valley so it went to Maaco to get shot in white.

I kinda actually want to leave it looking the way it is with the white outside and gold jambs/engine bay just as a nod to the original owners before me. Part of what was bugging me when I was trying to sell it was I gave my word to the lady that I would make it really sweet some day. Hope to someday drive it to that house she lived at in hopes that at least her family is still there to see the car.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #61
pat244ti

Sad news, not related to the car itself though. However it does provide motivation for this project

I went to a wedding in Saratoga yesterday, around the corner from the house I bought the ES from.

I drove a few blocks away to that street after the wedding, looking for the 1 acre ranch she lived on with the little house built in the 50's next to Saratoga creek. She told me her husband built that house.

I had doubt she would be present, seeing as how she would be 105 years old now.

Instead of the seeing the property with a little house, the entire property is now one big modern mega mansion. There was a Tesla P80D, Porsche Panamera and two Land Rovers parked outside. The smell of uber rich tech bro almost made me gag.

I officially want to do the fattest ****ing burnout ever, in the ES, right in front of that house
Old 07-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #62
amerbritcan
Hnnnnnng

I love the new goal. Sad to hear about the old house being gone. I love old houses
1967 220 amazon station wagon.
1990 244GL M47 summer DD project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles850t View Post
I fart and Reese Witherspoon falls out of my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhengisKhan View Post
I'm just a cum guzzler and I can't help myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Mom
Get a bike
Honestly I've not been to www.brickspeed.net in years so I have no idea why it's still in my sig
Poopie scissors
amerbritcan is offline   Reply With Quote