home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 07-01-2018, 09:12 AM   #26
Finnish240
Board Member

Been thinking of extra lip/diffuser for front bumper. Atom did an excellent job with his Amazon and it gave me an extra kick for trying it.

Lain goal is not an aerodynamic thing, i think that Bross front needs some widening, and maybe intercooler get better flow of fresh air?

So, I took an old door, and put it under car. Looks amazing, doesn't kg?

After few tricks with power tools it did look less like an old door

Found some pieces of carbon look tape and threw it on to see how it would look like.

Not sure how much it should poke out. I may like it more being only smallish lip
Old 07-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #27
InTheWhite
Board Member

Looks nice!
InTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #28
Finnish240
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWhite View Post
Looks nice!
If it goes well, I dig it too!

Got bored listening that woooosh noise that my current aircleaner does, so took that 940 b230fk airbox and modified it. I think that finding pipes and hoses will be a struggle

Some maskingtape to make new lines

And grillfoil to make it hold shape when applying fiberglass. One coat at centre, two at sides of airbox. I will apply more after it settles and I rip taping off, lets hope it Works

Finnish240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:32 AM   #29
Finnish240
Board Member

Added another muffler to kill excessive noise from exhaust. It was a good little addition for this. Exhaust is not finished yet, i have to add a 3" cat to pipe, it will kill some noise aswell. I took a picture while making, but i have deleted it

I have a 1998/1999 V70 2.4t as a daily, it is imported from Sweden and got wrecked on some period of time. Paint is not in good condition, so it is great opportunity to practice.

Hood is horrible, u can see some rough p180 or something sand paperissa Marks under paint and clearcoat. 380 000+ KMS and everything works.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:15 AM   #30
Finnish240
Board Member

Some washing and hard wax from Collinite for 240

Added this metal plate that is removed from original IC to top of radiator. I need to put few rivets to fill original holes.

Next winter i need to change/modify fuel system. Now it has Bosch 044 copy main pump from Biltema and original intank delivery pump. Main pump is screaming like hell as it warms up, or fueltank has under 1/4 of fuel left. Gonna remove trans pump and put intank pressure pump only. Filter to original place.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:36 AM   #31
Finnish240
Board Member

Did put a heatshield for airfilter for now. Small thing, but got some "swooooosh" sound out from cabin, if I want to hear it, just open window and there it is.

General pic of engine number 400 and something I think

Last edited by Finnish240; 07-26-2018 at 04:29 AM..
Old 11-11-2018, 02:52 AM   #32
Finnish240
Board Member

Summer is gone and it's time to put car back to garage. Chinese -012 amm blew up after 3000km on it, and made engine run at afr 9.5-12.3. It idles with three cylinders when cold and black is the main color of exhaust gas. I did put -025 amm and it runs smoother for sure, but map is done for chinese 012... Next season starts with tuning, maybe bit more boost and ezk chip for sure. Main fuelpump is screamng like a pig, i am going to rip it off, and been thinking of single pump system. For looks, I started making skirt under back bumper. Spoiler is on my mind but let's see if it happens this winter.

Crappy pic of crappy car but skirt is coming along. OEM plastic cut to center and bross kit pieces at the sides.

New daily showed up at summer. 2003 d5244t2 manual, chipped to 195hp/400nm gotta love that diesel torque!