• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

iPod: 67 122S station wagon

yaunus

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums as well as to my car! My grandma gave me her '67 Volvo 122S Station Wagon recently. This car has been babied since it's birth, and it's in excellent condition.

Unfortunately, it only has AM radio, which is interesting and very unique, but I have an iPod that I'd like to run through the stereo. Does anyone know how I could do this or has anyone tried??

Thanks in advance!
Ian

ipod interface

The main issue as I see it is that all of the RF modulators that you can buy are all doing FM. I don't know of an AM modulator and really the sound quality with AM isn't very good compared to what you get with FM. I'd suggest either getting another radio
or mount something somewhere else in the car and use that. There is a classic automotive radio place that sells units that you don't need to cut the dash to fit. Sorry but I forget their name. You could also try giving Crutchfield a call and hear what they
suggest.

Best regards,

maybe I missed it... but why not just get a cheap tape deck rather than deal w/ the radio frequencies? It would take you tops 30 mins to do the install if you buy from crutchfield, and then you'll get am/fm/tape/ipod instead of just am/ipod if thats even an option. Oh also, you'll need to get one of those headphone -> tape adapters which are roughly $5.

Back