• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AMM questions. SOLVED WITH NEW AMM

Rene Svastal

Hi there. I've got a B23FT and LH 2.2, M46. Running 10psi. I definately notice smoother acceleration above 3200rpm. Anything below and it does not feelvery convincing. There is no violent hesitation, but it doesn't feel right. I just don't know how to explain this. I guess it feels like a blocked fuel filter. But it runs smooth and very torquey from 3200 to 6000 rpm. Would the AMM have to do with this?

Thanks,
Rene Svastal

Not to give you a "well duh" reply, but has it had a tune up lately? I don't think messing with the AMM will help, it'd probably hurt.

Actually, this car is probably in the best shape you can get. I just did the turbo swap this summer. Everything is right on this car. I wouldn't lie if I wanted a good answer.
The O2 sensor cycles as it should and starts to go rich at just over 3000rpm. I should also add that fuel pressure is right on too.

Rene

Rene, recently my car was acting sluggish under steady acceleration at low vacuum just before boost. I found that my fuel pressure had dropped off (about -6lbs). I adjusted (yes I made mine adjustable) and it completely cured the problem. I was wondering if you have checked your fuel pressure and/or adjusted the AMM using the "LED rich/lean indicator tool". I made the LED "tool" a while ago and keep it under the hood for easy verification of correct mixture adjustment.

Hi Steve. Fuel pressure is OK, guage on the cowl. I saw your adjustable FPR, cool. A new AMM did fix the problem, the old AMM would be OK if I smacked it. Put's my mind at ease. Now a new problem, probably attributed to a correct mixture: my clutch can't handle it. $$$.

Thanks,

Rene

Back