• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vent PCV to atmosphere?

WagenSport

I'm running 15psi on my 1990 760. I have read a bunch about overwhelming crankcase pressure with otherwise stock setups. Would it be a good idea for me to just vent it of completly, and if so where should i disconnect it. Any help would be awesome. Car runs real nice with sunoco 93 on 15psi, i just want to do the most i can otherwise to prevent ka boom.

I run it like that on mine... Just don't make it obvious...

Where are you located?

edit:// run it straight into the dolphin's mouth?

Last edited:
There's a big tube going from the box underneath the intake over to pre-turbo. You should be able to disconnect it and run it right into the atmosphere.

Oh? I think i know which that is. Its a line that is sort of hap-hazardly ran, goes into the rubber pipe that goes into the turbo inlet. Has some sort of sensor on it at the junction where it meets the inlet pipe?

when you decide to disconnect the PCV-hoses don't forget to plug the holes in the intakesystem. You don't want false air or a boostleak.

I mean there is def. some sort of sensor there if we are talking about the same line. I think its the only larger line going into the turbo inlet hose. I guess its little over an inch or so in diameter.

my car has it, it sits on the end of the PCV-hose where it connects to the L-shaped intakehose (the one bewteen AMM and Turbo.)

Precisely! While i have a couple folks attention on this thread. Got another question for ya. My wagon has some CRAZY negitive rake. The suspension is pretty low in the back, and semi monster truck in the front. Just for now until i can afford an ipd kit or something of that variety how terrible is it to cut a dead coil or a little more off the front to either level out the suspension or maybe give it some positve rake leaning towards the front? Anyone do it to theirs?

If you have a serious blowby issue, fix the issue, and/or run a reed valve to the exhaust.
Positive crankcase venting is a good thing.

Disconnect and run it straight into the eagle's throat.

J/k
I have heard that electrical thingie on the pre-turbo hose (on later models) is a heater to prevent condensate from freezing. I could have heard wrong, though.

Well i took the hose up couple mins ago, plugged up the hole in the inlet pipe and plugged up the vaccum line attached to the pcv line. Did several runs and i was getting what seemed to be a misfire around 15 psi maybe 14.5 psi. Hooked the hose back up and ran fine pulled nice all the way to 15. I dont know... i guess ill leave the earth saving fume burner connected for now.

Well i took the hose up couple mins ago, plugged up the hole in the inlet pipe and plugged up the vaccum line attached to the pcv line. Did several runs and i was getting what seemed to be a misfire around 15 psi maybe 14.5 psi. Hooked the hose back up and ran fine pulled nice all the way to 15. I dont know... i guess ill leave the earth saving fume burner connected for now.

Drowning polar bears thank you! :lol:

Back