• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvos in Kansas City!

How long will you be in KC for Midsommar?

• Just Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Sunday

• Longer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad news... my friend just informed me that her birthday is saturday and i'm supposed to come to the Legends for a day of "fun":grrr:.

Looks like i'm only coming Sunday...

You are a tool. Tell her you already have plans. That cost money. Cause they do.

Hey, where is everybody who's staying in a hotel staying at over the weekend. Im still not sure if I should come up Friday night or Saturday morning. But I would like to figure out if someones got some floor space or if I need to get a room or if someone wants to share or something. Hopefully someone will have something, :)

Spencer, I'm driving up Saturday afternoon and we're just gonna find some random place to stay. My dad wants to go to Cabelas that evening and whatever else. I'll then drive to Parkville that morning.

Man your dad wants to go to Cabela's?? Do you need to install and gun rack in your Volvo so you can bing some back :-P Hmm and just some random place ehh. I might just have to crash in my car, as it sounds nice and cheap. Hopefully someone will post up where they are staying, sounds like we might need to have a bit of a party sometime this weekend. Im hoping to have tons of fun, and it looks like the weather will be bitchin and not suck.

Yea, except for the one in Sidney Nebraska, which apparently is the pwnage.

but eh, hunting/fishing/any outdoor activity FTW

haha, I would totally do it Spencer. Guns are awesome. LOL

I def agree about outdoors stuff. I love backpacking hiking etc. Never been a big fan of cabelas. If they put an REI in town.ooooooo boy.

I def agree about outdoors stuff. I love backpacking hiking etc. Never been a big fan of cabelas. If they put an REI in town.ooooooo boy.

haha yea. I think I went to one of those in Colorado Springs a few years back. Very nice store. They had tons of hiking and camping stuff

We have an REI here in St. L. I get a somewhat cheesy vibe from it though, solely because of the bikes they have there. We have a local store mini-chain (The Alpine Shop) that is nicer.

PS - Still no clutch fork from VPD, so no T5 in the 245, so I really doubt I'll be in KC.

We have an REI here in St. L. I get a somewhat cheesy vibe from it though, solely because of the bikes they have there. We have a local store mini-chain (The Alpine Shop) that is nicer.

PS - Still no clutch fork from VPD, so no T5 in the 245, so I really doubt I'll be in KC.

Backwoods and Sunflower outdoor are great shops here local. (Sunflower is in lawrence) I'd much rather go there and spend a bit more. Good people work there.

Aww come on I know you can make it!:nod:

:run:GAAAH!!

Problem:
Engine tick is really getting bad. I need to take it into a shop, so I may not even be able to bring the 760 up. If I can't bring it up, I'm still coming, but in either my friend's Trans Am or his Mustang, or possibly borrowing my mother's Pathfinder (for the swap meet. I need a limited slip!).
I WILL be there, even if I have to walk!:volvo:

Also, what's the bike shop on Mass street in Lawrence?

Last edited:

Problem:
Engine tick is really getting bad. I need to take it into a shop, so I may not even be able to bring the 760 up. If I can't bring it up, I'm still coming, but in either my friend's Trans Am or his Mustang, or possibly borrowing my mother's Pathfinder (for the swap meet. I need a limited slip!).

aaah come on dude, she'll be fine. What exactly is ticking? Lifters?

My guess is a sticking lifter.
One of my friends (doesn't give a **** about volvos other than mine) says it's an exhaust valve leak.
The guy at AutoZone says it could be either of ours or spark plugs.

My parents don't want me driving it until I can get it figured out. I have to know what is doing it, how much will it cost to fix, and if it will hold until we get the ca$h to fix it.

If I can't bring it, i'll reason with one of my parents to use their car to come up (both have pathfinders. My dad's has hard plastic from the tops of the back seat to the rear edge of the cargo area and has a trailer, so it would be ideal for the swap meet).

!!! IDEA !!!
Why can't I just trailer my 760 up? I could pick up my dad's trailer or car dolly and tow it behind his Pathfinder.

It's probably a sticky lifter. Nothing too bad. My brothers 850 does it. It's harmless for the most part.

How many miles? Turbo? How much boost?

So are you guys doing anything Friday night?? Is there a good reason come up and stay and extra night or should I just come up Saturday mourning?? Since no one has said anything about where they are getting a room hopefully I can find one somewhere for Saturday night. I think Homer said someone was staying at a hotel real close to him, that sounds like a fantastic plan. Someone please let me know if they have any sort of plan other than terrorizing Midsommer this weekend :)

Problem:

Also, what's the bike shop on Mass street in Lawrence?

Sunflower Outdoor and Bike. 8th and Mass. I have a friend that works there too.

I can't do anything friday night. I've got plans already with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

What are you looking for in the Swap Meet? I have crap I'll be getting rid of for cheap.

What are you looking for in the Swap Meet? I have crap I'll be getting rid of for cheap.

I need some kind of a locking rear for my car so I don't do one-tire fires. Also on the list is a cassette deck, rims, decklid spoiler, blacked-out grille, Supra transmission, sway bars, coil-overs that still use the factory self-leveling system, new power antenna, new fog lights, bigger turbo, center console plastic, pedal covers, bigger injectors (manditory for bigger turbo), Ram-air kit, and a custom-fit sub box that goes in flush-mounted.
Oh, and cool volvo stickers, magnets, emblems, shirts, hats, badges...
:volvo:

Back