• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Wagon - VW TDI inside

Sounds like you already have the donor car...
That's what I was thinking...
OP, I was the one on Sloppy that was confused by the effort to fit an M47 behind this. Being on sloppy, I assumed you'd modified the TDI motor. If it's just a DD car, that M47 will probably be perfectly happy.
I don't know much but I know better than trying to go fast with a diesel.
Any plans for an supplement oil reservoir? Seems the pan modification might pose a problem of oil starvation.
Nah, I don't see it being a problem. It still picks up from the bottom of the pan, I only moved it rearwards. Oil capacity is a little over 4 quarts.

this is great! too bad the diesel tax system sucks over here.
other brainfart: has anyone tried to put a diesel m90 behind one of these engines? being vw and all.

the startermotor is in the right posision. could be interesting , not only for the use of m90 but also the m46 diesel gearboxes

and taxes don't care if you got a 40 year old brick :)

great build btw, i'm inspired!

Thanks, I'm not sure the VW diesel M90 would share the same bellhousing pattern. I was told it was different, and that transmission is difficult (impossible?) to find here, anyway. So I just went with the M47.

Wow, this is amazing post. Do you have dimensions from engine mounts and oil pan modifications ? Also how about electrical wiring ? Is it simple ?

Back