• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Slow moving build up

those OMP-brace'es are ugly.. SAM's is much more pretty!

And, that "adjustment" isnt for pretension. It's for when adjusting camber.

But yeah, your car is nice :)

You can preload the bar, making it almost impossible to move it. If you grab an IPD bar and give it a good shake it will flex, do the same to this bar and you just get tired.

I finally got my hands on a good Denso alternator(I have 2 bad ones sitting on the workbench). The install went fairly easy and was by far the cleanest project I've done in the last few months. The old Bosch unit weight 14lbs and the new Denso only weighs 12.5lbs.

Feb%2010%20001.jpg

Feb%2010%20002.jpg

A quick word from our corporate sponsor:

Feb%2010%20003.jpg

Now back to the program.

Feb%2010%20004.jpg

I fired the car up and turned the sub up to a very annoyingly high volume and the volt gauge barely vibrated. I have enough power now that I won't worry about turning up the stereo and I can install the efan that has been sitting in the shed for a year and a half.

Finally took a pic of all of the gauges lit up.

Feb%2010%20005.jpg

My new intake mani waiting to be installed.

Feb%2010%20006.jpg

Feb%2010%20007.jpg

Finally! The alternator is in, good deal. Did you say you still have an extra? My alternator is new, but it's not a small, 100amp Denso one... I likely won't change it, but maybe one day.
I'm toying with the idea of using a pipe from a 740T as the basis for a new intake on my car. There are a couple things keeping it from being a simple bolt on project. I'll either keep what I have or mess with those issues, but the idea is that the airbox will go away and the filter will be placed in in front of the radiator.
Nice, I didn't know you were toying with that idea. I was just looking into that as well and the main thing that'd be an annoyance is the fact that there's an extra hose for the idle motor that the turbo cars have a different setup with... Now, regarding the benefits of installing a cone filter instead of a modified stock airbox, I'm not quite positive of yet. I'll find out on the dyno on the 20th.

On another note, I may have some diesel front springs we can chop and install in the front of your car for a little more stiffness up there, if you want.

On another note, I may have some diesel front springs we can chop and install in the front of your car for a little more stiffness up there, if you want.

That sounds like fun! I doubt I would gain much, if any, power by switching to a cone filter. I'm thinking about switching just so there is less crap in the engine bay.

I was driving around this weekend when I heard a squeal, then a loud clunk and all my warning lights came on. My first thought was that the alternator had fallen off, even though I triple checked every bolt for tightness. I pulled into a parking lot and found that the bolts holding the water pump pulley on all broke off, the pulley fell off, the clutch fan fell off and broke a fin. Luckily the fan didn't go through the radiator and I didn't have to run down the road collecting parts.

later in the evening we towed the car back to my place and klr142 brought me new parts in the morning. Two of the studs came out of the water pump, while two sheared off and we can't get the stubs out, so I'll have to fix that later. I figured this was a good time to install the efan that has been waiting for the new alternator, rather than buying a new clutch fan.

Feb%2010%20008.jpg

Feb%2010%20011.jpg

The new intake manifold has been on for about a month and feels great. I had RSI port it out even more, its now gasket matched and the ports go as deep as possible. It was a pretty good bang for the buck, but now I really want to get some head work done.

Mar%2010%20001.jpg

Mar%2010%20002.jpg

I ran into a small snag when I realized that I have a cold start injector, but the new manifold has no spot for it to go. I decided to just leave the injector hanging unconnected and the cars runs just fine. Eventually I'll delete the injector and wiring all together.

Mar%2010%20003.jpg

Mar%2010%20004.jpg

Mar%2010%20005.jpg

The fact that you can notice a positive effect on YOUR car means I REALLY need to chop one up to open up and install on my car...

Thanks for the help tonight man! It works great!

I surprised myself a little today by building the start of an amp rack. The plan was to just screw everything to a piece of ply wood and let there be a mess of wire for now. Once I got started though it was pretty easy to get a clean install. Right now all the wires are routed under the wood, so I need to create a void under it and make a pseudo box.

P1050477.JPG

P1050478.JPG

P1050479.JPG

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/522410498612" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/522410498612" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

I finished up my amp rack. Its not exactly what I had planned, but it will work till I come up with my permanent plan. At this point the rack will keep any components from moving or getting bumped by cargo.

P1050579.JPG

P1050578.JPG

I have 400 series markers on now. I've pretty dang happy with how they look and the fact that the flash opposite of the front lights. The plan is to wash the car and go take some pics tomorrow, so I'll have some new pics up after I pshop them a little.

Jul%2010%20019%20copy.jpg

Jul%2010%20021%20copy.jpg

Jul%2010%20024%20copy.jpg

Jul%2010%20026%20copy.jpg

Jul%2010%20030%20copy.jpg

Just the latest glamour shots. I like the spot, so I'm going to take the 240 and 142 back and spend more than 10 minutes shooting.

If the front comes down, the rear does too. Sadly, his driveway is a BEEEEEOOOOOOTCH and doesn't really allow the car to be lowered much(if any) more than it is. Unless it's jut the front. But then the handling will be worse... But only slightly so...

EZK hasn't gone in yet, life has kept me busy with things that NEED to be done. Ride height isn't going to be messed with for many years. I'm not screwing with it till I get a set of Volans and I move to a house with a near level driveway. My 142 needs to come down in height too, but I just can't do it with this damn driveway.

Back