• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

good spark plug for b230ft

psy

I did search but lots of threads come up and I get different reponses for different set-ups, but what is a good spark plug for a stock set up that may see a boost lvl of 12 psi?

thanks in advance.

i knew a volvo mechanic here in sa but he passed away in a wreck, he had a heart attack while driving his 850. he swore by installing 850 turbo sparkplugs. said he got better fuelmilage and more power since they spark better. NGK is a really good brand. im running iridium or however you spell it.....

i knew a volvo mechanic here in sa but he passed away in a wreck, he had a heart attack while driving his 850. he swore by installing 850 turbo sparkplugs. said he got better fuelmilage and more power since they spark better. NGK is a really good brand. im running iridium or however you spell it.....

Um....I'm pretty sure they don't fit. The threads are different. (To be confirmed tomorrow)

what are the experience with iridium or better plugs? any not broke TB'ers have experience with the $6+ plugs?
NGK Iridium, bosch +2/+4, E3, pulstar, splitfire? I usually run iridiums in my cars and they do fine, I've got the E3s in my wife's car and she picked up about 3mpg just swapping to those weird things...

what are the experience with iridium or better plugs? any not broke TB'ers have experience with the $6+ plugs?
NGK Iridium, bosch +2/+4, E3, pulstar, splitfire? I usually run iridiums in my cars and they do fine, I've got the E3s in my wife's car and she picked up about 3mpg just swapping to those weird things...

anything other than copper is a waste...

Bosch recomends NOT using +2 and +4 plugs on turbo cars...just think about that... to me that says that the funny electrodes are a fundamentally worse design.

Also, any funny metal was implimented for longevity, not performance. which is really counter productive with a higher-HP application where your going to be inspecting and changing plugs regularly as part of trouble shooting.

i bought a B21ft from him to put in my 242 and they are still on. maybe he rethreaded the ports??

Ok, I'm wrong....threads are the same. But there's twice as much threaded area on the 850 plugs as compared to the redblock plugs. So either 850's project more....or the redblocks are shrouded?!:???:

Threads are the same- reach is within 1-2mm, both use metal gasket seats. The main difference (besides heat ranges) is the hex size: 5/8 for whiteblock plugs, 13/16 redblock plugs. The S60/V70R
Plugs have the longer reach

I've tried a few different ones thus far, and the best I've had yet have been the Bosch Super +'s. Cheap, they perform better than the BPR6EY's I've run, along with a few other variants. I went from the Volvo plugs to NGK's in Gwen's and saw a noticeable reduction in performance from her 60k+ old Volvo plugs to the NGK's. Swapped in a new set of Volvo plugs and it's much happier.

I may go iridium down the road, but for the price, it's WR5DC+'s for me...

Depends on engine setup, and which heat range you need. I'm running the Iridium's in a 6 heat range with god results so far. I've also run Bosch Super Plus's in a 5 heat range that were burning quite well.

Honestly, go check out your local autozone for some NGK BPR6EIX's.....you'll like the price.

Back