• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Leadpoisoning's 244 "GT"

Awesome! :drool:

Just for curiosity, how much wheel travel do you have in the front/back? I kinda like how it sits with the 16" wheels. :-D

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
Awesome! :drool:

Just for curiosity, how much wheel travel do you have in the front/back? I kinda like how it sits with the 16" wheels. :-D
Front is about 2.5" up travel, enough to scrape the lower chassis braces when driving it hard through woops. Rear seems about the same but its hard to tell with the shock boots on. Not really optimal, I would have run koni reds and gone to a short strut but i accidentally bought koni yellows so I ran those instead. someday it'll get reds and short struts.

Last edited:
The old shift knob cap broke and came off in my hand the other day, so i decided to put a whole new knob on it. I made this knob back in highschool and never put it in anything, it required some modification to put a switch on it and to fit the shifter.

Not really digging the huge switch, but it was the lowest profile one at the local parts store. Guess I'll just keep an eye out for one I like.

Not bad, I like it (except for the giant switch, of course).

Next step?

1536210.jpg

Hmmm... I like the look of those, but anything with finger grooves never fits my hand. Plus I think it's just a little too "racecar" for a 240. I wouldn't mind the switch off it though, if that's what you were suggesting.

Well, I was bored today, so I hacked together a new midpipe out of some aluminised pipe I had.

Not the best flowing, I'm sure, but now it doesn't hang down and scrape speed bumps etc. Plus it got rid of the stock resonator so it sounds a little more aggressive.

No plans to paint it yet, not until I paint the rest of the car, which won't happen until the drivetrain and suspension is to my satisfaction. Plus I kinda like the ratty look with the red primer showing through in spots. Gives it more character right?

No plans to paint it yet, not until I paint the rest of the car, which won't happen until the drivetrain and suspension is to my satisfaction. Plus I kinda like the ratty look with the red primer showing through in spots. Gives it more character right?

That was my thinking too. Originally planned on painting it after other priorities, but eventually ended up liking it as-is.

Oopsy. Got a little too friendly with a fence.

Fender pulled off for repair. It was a lot easier than i imagined, just undid a handful of bolts and drilled some spot welds.

Drove the car like this for about a week before i got around to fixing the fender.

About an hour with a ball peen hammer, steel wool, and a wheel polisher made it look like this. Far from perfect, but it'll be fine until I either get a replacement fender or repair it properly.

Good enough for now. One day I'll go ahead and do all the body work the car needs, but right now I don't have the tools or the time.

Back