• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Wilwood Big Brake (Front) Conversion

Got some weekend fun ahead of me ��

E7uUn28l.jpg

rwEaWmYl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Be sure to use safety wire on the bolts for the rotor to hat... and dont be alarmed if you have to have your rotors turned. What pads did you decide on?

My rotors had to be turned. Kind of frustrating but whatevs. Also don't be alarmed if the guy at autozone has no idea what he's looking at. Like a two piece rotor is some revolutionary piece of equipment.

P1800 Tunnel

This arrived tonight. Stole the idea from Andrew Nance. Lol.

7EMSLr9l.jpg

Will test fit the rear end tomorrow. If all goes well, will paint it and maybe install.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Wilwood Big Brake (Front) Conversion- Rear End- Fuel Line

Well made some progress tonight. Hope to get some more done tomorrow.

Safety wired the bolts holding the rotor and hat together. This was my first time doing it and was a lot of fun. Will have to adjust a few, but you get the idea.
kGondhWl.jpg

Painted the rear calipers with something new today... Wasn't a fan. O well, can always just powder coat them.
DwDbLb4l.jpg

Started painting the rear end tonight. Will get the cover powder coated. Will finish it up tomorrow.
hJbBj3Bl.jpg

Did a mock up tonight of the -6 fuel line. Will change out the fittings to the tank to minimize connections and get a better angle. I'm concerned with it sticking out to far (seen below) and the rear might make contact. Will play around with it more tomorrow.
0XE7ylul.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
I also tried to install the poly bushing for the rear tonight, but wasn't sucessful. It appears the new poly bushings OD are about 4mm larger than the openings for the rear arms. Reach out to IPD to see if this is accurate.

Wilwood Big Brake (Front) Conversion and Rear End

Finished painting the rear. Will have to wait on other parts before putting it together.

M8jPgeOl.jpg

Powder coated the original caliper brackets today too.

RLCTHUYl.jpg

XoxlnWNl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
looking good! I cant wait to see where this goes!

Thank you. Still waiting on the front HUBs. Will order springs for the rear Friday. Need to get the rear trailing arms fixed. My goal is to be able to get her on the ground in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Wilwood Big Brake (Front) Conversion

Worked on the front hubs and brakes.

ZuZ548Ql.jpg

gFbbUsJl.jpg

LDHKndBl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Rear End Bushings Installed and Tie Rods Installed

Installed the bushings tonight and put on the tie rods (will adjust later).

UhJFaRDl.jpg

s5A11CUl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Well I got the end links in and few other things in for the rear. Need to drop the tank to put in a new fitting for the new fuel line (-6). Will replace the sending unit and repaint it when I have it out. Hopefully I don't find any surprises when I'm in there.

Wc67VCIl.jpg

Took out the seats today (planning on putting in new ones/ different ones). Also will need the room to modify the tunnel. Discovered some surface rust under the seats. Doesn't seem to have gone all the way through and isn't very pitted, so will clean it and paint it.

4ywpbeRl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back