• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Recently spotted, the latest wrencher in the family:
daddys+helper.jpg

Mark Drove by me in the Fridge today at Terminal and Main. I gave
him a big wave, but was met with a steely straight-ahead gaze. I
feel a little snubbed, it's not like I was hard to see in my
hi-viz vest.

It's a good intersection for Volvos, I see quite a few regularly.
I saw the lady with the mint gold 245 on Hydras today. She has
some kind of painting company, there is a magnetic sign on it
sometimes.

Zoomspeed has driven by also. I'm pretty sure I saw Theo's black
850 wagon once.

The coolest however, is the guy who daily drives his Delorean.
Saw him today too. Should be a Volvo engine in that.

Sorry, no pictures.

My workers make fun of me when my head swivels to follow a crappy
old Volvo.

old Volvo.
Sounds familiar. More than once I've heard my coworkers say, "Hey, there's an ugly ass car, I bet Matti would love that". But the funny thing is they drive lame Hyundais and the like.

Sorry I missed you Sim. I was thinking ahead to Brassneck :-P

I likely used to work with the Delorean guy... there was an editor at Nitrogen who DDed one. This is his second- apparently the first caught fire.

M.

Anyone else ever seen the the dark red 745 with stickers all over it like a rally car? Some of the stickers say "Volvo 740 Racing" etc. Saw it at the PnP on scott road not too long ago.

Gentlemen (and ladies if there are any on t'bricks),

I?m thinking about offering up the following next week as a package, but want to see if there is local interest first.

16VTbuildkitpreliminary1_zps03ba0411.jpg

16VT core package:

1. Short L-block - B230FD with 132K km (casting 94-08-16, confirmed squirter motor)
2. 16V head with 184K km
3. Intake mani with fuel rail
4. 3? t-body (wB234F t-body pictured for conversion bits)
5. 8V EGR exhaust mani with usual but teeny cracks
6. Rebuilt starter
7. Solid grandpa series engine mounts (no pucks)

Missing from the picture are the:

1. Flat flying saucer brake booster
2. Throttle controls for the intake
3. 7/9 B234F Throttle cable
4. Cam gears
5. Distributor
6. Manual tranny bellhousing

I do have some better short block pictures as I got that prepped last night for storage. I?ll have the remainder of the pictures taken this weekend after a few more parts visit the parts washer.

PM me if you would like to express some interest in advance or want more details.

Mark Drove by me in the Fridge today at Terminal and Main. I gave
him a big wave, but was met with a steely straight-ahead gaze. I
feel a little snubbed, it's not like I was hard to see in my
hi-viz vest.
#TBMissedConnections

Unlikely you saw Theo's old 855R, seeing as it doesn't run anymore due to the new owner's, uh, care...

Anyone else ever seen the the dark red 745 with stickers all over it like a rally car? Some of the stickers say "Volvo 740 Racing" etc. Saw it at the PnP on scott road not too long ago.
Seen it a few times on Main a year or two ago! Older fellow drove it.
old Volvo.
Sounds familiar. More than once I've heard my coworkers say, "Hey, there's an ugly ass car, I bet Matti would love that". But the funny thing is they drive lame Hyundais and the like.
The fianc?e has been hanging around me long enough that she does that too. Also, will become my wife on Saturday. :omg::omg::omg:

Congrats AJ. I guess my 740 themed wedding invitation got "stuck" in the mail. Don't worry my internet creeper factor is high and I will see you this weekend wearing my Sunday best lederhosen for you Bavarian themed wedding...I will bring a little person to serve us drinks if that is okay with you?

In all seriousness AJ congrats to you and your fiance. You are very fortunate to have each other. All the best.

Back