• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Update on S60R brakes *holy ****!*

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
Well put a new master cylinder on and pulled the rear reduction valves off.

All I can say is... you'll need 5pt belts now ;-) The car stops so unbelievably hard its painful. 120-0 stops time after time no problem, with the OEM pads.

Let me put it this way, theres a strip of road by my shop where I ussualy can go from 5-120 and then JAM on the brakes to get it slowed in time. First time, I stopped COMPLETELY, probably a 100' short.

Second time, still about 50' short

third time I about shate myself from diving into it so deep and I STILL coulda waited longer.

Its insane.

Gotta box those a-arms now ;-)

Doug

any more details on the install, i would love to hear some details, this sounds like it is a worthy upgrade...did you need to modify anything significantly to make them fit right?

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
third time I about shate myself from diving into it so deep and I STILL coulda waited longer.

YES! A self shate-worthy conversion if I ever did see one :-P

Let me know if you happen to locate any aftermarket pads for that "R" caliper. I have the EBC Greens on mine, but it would be nice to have a couple other options beside stock pads, like maybe some Mintex or PBR.
Dave B.

pics's

SWEET!!!! As soon as I find that 75, it's on.

Hey Doug or Dave,

could one of you post a picture looking in straight at the brakes through the wheels... do they fill them completely?

nick

TRBO242 said:
could one of you post a picture looking in straight at the brakes through the wheels... do they fill them completely? nick
Fills it up pretty good in my 18s.
Dave B.
042204-009-lower-res.JPG

31601084.jpg

on your peggies Nick ;)

Dave, if it is indeed the same caliper (well will atleast accept the same pads) there are tons of choices. SCC magazine had a big article about EVO/STI brake setups (the OEM discs look identical inside as well too) ... I believe they had absolutely rave reviews on Feredo's (sp?)

I'll dig it up

thats just awesome, doug and dave! im glad to hear the test feedback... thats what i was waiting for... sounds good. are the brakes starting to overpower the tires at all? and everything is smooth not grabby? sounds good! later,

ben

grebnut said:
thats just awesome, doug and dave! im glad to hear the test feedback... thats what i was waiting for... sounds good. are the brakes starting to overpower the tires at all? and everything is smooth not grabby? sounds good! later,

ben

No Im really surprized, its like the earth just stops rotating under the car. Course, I have 235's front/rear.

Aaron, I did take plenty. Its really straight forward, you could probably knock it out in about 4 hours.

I got crazy and involved, but I always do ;-)

doug are those 18" pegasus or the 17s? it looks like it says 17 on the sidewall but its hard to tell with the bottle of tire shine you used ;)

Last edited:
Snoop Dougy Doug said:
Yes, I CHANGED wheels AGAIN ;-) My moda's wouldn't clear the brakes, I got the peggies in a pinch.

well that brings up an interesting question.....how much space do you have between the caliper and spoke of the rim? granted you have this on a 242.....but its starting to look like polaris rims or any deep dish rims for that matter wouldn't clear the calipers if i ever get around to putting on R brakes.

Back