• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

?'s for step 1 of a +T

I am more interested to know how he lifted the engine up that high without a hoist. Also, would one have to disconnect the transmission mount and unbutton the drive shaft to lift an engine this high up?

Went to all the work to get the pan off... why not just weld it? Every one of those fittings I?ve seen has leaked.

Many people have used them without the fitting leaking. I thought I'd try it. If it becomes an issue then I'll swap the pan out but I don't think it will be.

I am more interested to know how he lifted the engine up that high without a hoist. Also, would one have to disconnect the transmission mount and unbutton the drive shaft to lift an engine this high up?

Unbolt trans mount. Unbolt drive shaft and disconnect shifter linkage. Unbolt motor mounts. These are the main things to do. There are more items that need to be removed but you get the idea. The engine/trans is lifted with a hoist high enough to remove pan. This also give you an opportunity to clean in those hard to reach spots in engine bay.

If you really want to Turbo Brick a return into the oil pan and you have no welder. you can do what I did with my first +T and go to the hardware store and pick up some brass fittings to cobble one together. It never did leak. The Pan still had to come off though.

Turboaddition026.jpg

If you really want to Turbo Brick a return into the oil pan and you have no welder. you can do what I did with my first +T and go to the hardware store and pick up some brass fittings to cobble one together. It never did leak. The Pan still had to come off though.

As long as it works. :lol:

Back