• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

But it would look better from 20,000ft up Ken
ftfy.

^This.

Toy bumpers look fine on 1983-85 cars. Partly because of the fact that there's no droopy ends and commando bumper trim that looks like ass.

Tate,

To see how your car would look with E-codes, just mosey on over to Ken's project lumberwagon thread. Imagine the hood, fenders, and core support being black, instead of white. Or, imagine my car with a flathood and the 1979-80 Euro 240 grille, since my car is the somewhat stock version of yours.

-J

You would love it with '83 toy bumpers. Sad but true.

You're right, but I won't do it.

^This.

Toy bumpers look fine on 1983-85 cars. Partly because of the fact that there's no droopy ends and commando bumper trim that looks like ass.

Tate,

To see how your car would look with E-codes, just mosey on over to Ken's project lumberwagon thread. Imagine the hood, fenders, and core support being black, instead of white. Or, imagine my car with a flathood and the 1979-80 Euro 240 grille, since my car is the somewhat stock version of yours.

-J

I need to find me a set of ecodes.

kinda my thoughts

I looked at it in the light today and the quad squares are growing on me. I'll leave them on for at least a little while.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it.

0YqExdzl.jpg

That looks good. Makes the front end flow together.

I just went out and did a few pulls. The point at the cross hairs is what's interesting.

9CRhCJel.jpg

That is the full 10 psi of boost that I'm limiting the engine to by ~3000 RPM. HUGE difference when compared to my old B21FT where full boost with the same turbo happened at like 3500-3700 RPM.

This engine breathes really well. Boost onset is fast and hard.

flathood with quad squares might be my favorite front end. you should change it so it doesn't seem like i'm copying you if i do it.

Hella makes a nice set of h4/h1 lamps for quad square. Combine that with 4000 lumen led bulbs and you will have an outrageously bright setup. Far brighter than any other setup possible.

That's an idea. I'll have to find some.

flathood with quad squares might be my favorite front end. you should
change it so it doesn't seem like i'm copying you if i do it.

No. You need to live with the fact that you're a copier.

No. You need to live with the fact that you're a copier.

no, i need to live with the fact that i constantly fail to execute ideas in time to be vaguely unique. see also: white letter tires. see also: high comp small turbo motors. see also: T cam usage.

^Yeah, hard to be unique when Volvo originally executed it in 1977-78 when they came out with the GTX option package in Europe, then rehashed it in 1983 with the flathood 242 Turbos.

-J

Back