• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 TD 6141 head unit info

S70T5fivespeed

Its always 7:4O somewhere
So I thought it would be simple to restore it to stock, 1990 740 turbo with a whatever aftermarket CD player.

Turns out there seems to be some differences in the TD-6141 cassette deck. Believe the 89 and earlier models have a few round plug inserts, where the newer style (90+) has a single rectangular slot.

Beyond that I?ve heard some need amps to run, while others don?t. And then maybe even further some power two speakers while others power four? (This could all be wrong as well haven?t found anything definitive)

The car has aftermarket speakers, two front doors two rear doors and two tweeters up on the dash. Would like to get it back to as close to factory spec as possible.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Still trying bump. Any info is helpful and appreciated.

Someone on here mentioned the option of upgrading to an 814. (Looks the same as the 6141 to me so I guess it still counts as restoring to stock?)

Does anyone have info about this deck ie required amp(s) or anything else I should know? Are the cd changers something that come up for sale? Beyond the cd what are the benefits or drawbacks of the 814?

Thank you

Back