• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Riddle me this...B230FT oil leak

I think you guys missed the ARP studs bit. lol

It's possible the retorque fixed it I guess, just seems strange since none of them were really loose.

Got the truck in town for the next couple weeks so I'll get back to the wagon after that.

I only went 90ft.lbs on my 8v head with arp studs per yoshifab directions, but I had the arp lube. I planning a re-torque myself soon since I'm getting a teensy antifreeze smell at 25psi, perhaps I'll split the difference and go 105?

I had the ARP lube on assembly, figure that has worked it's way out by now for sure so I went with the engine oil spec on retorquing. They also felt really damn dry, not lubed when I tightened them back up, so 120 should be fine.

We'll see what happens is if you tighten the head bolts too tight, they break or the head cracks. The head cracks cause you tightened too much. You squished the head so much with your super beechen AARP head studs you cracked the head. Understand that?

I'm trying to crack this riddle me but you maybe cracked your head.

I said I cranked mine down way to much and I think I cracked my head. Just trying to crack this riddle. YOu'd better figure it out so we can get on with our lives. The suspense..

Maybe I will, once it's back in town. lol

The pitfalls of city living, can't keep the wagon AND the truck in town or the village *******s will report me for parking violations, when there's junk cars all over the neighborhood, that have been there for months. Or it could be just my a-hole neighbor...

Maybe I will, once it's back in town. lol

The pitfalls of city living, can't keep the wagon AND the truck in town or the village *******s will report me for parking violations, when there's junk cars all over the neighborhood, that have been there for months. Or it could be just my a-hole neighbor...

I have 7 cars parked on the street here on the right coast.

I COULD park on the street except a-holes. If I could afford to move to another place I would. Cheapest I can find that would even remotely suit is $400k and our place is only worth 250k.

I COULD park on the street except a-holes. If I could afford to move to another place I would. Cheapest I can find that would even remotely suit is $400k and our place is only worth 250k.

I know this struggle. We just bought an absolute dump for 300k in the SC mountains, and there's essentially zero parking. One of the first things I'm doing is trying to park a car under the porch.. I mean "car port".

At least Sac isn't SC levels of insanity for pricing. $300k here gets you at least some form of garage, 1200-1500sq.ft, and maybe not a previously daily drug house/rental.

Back