• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Jaybee - I've tried running just short term feedback on and it's not great. Just out of interest I'll try reducing the load and rpm limits and report back. The car runs great with all lambda feedback disabled, it takes a bit of time to get the fuel map spot on but once it is it runs consistently.

Jaybee - I've tried running just short term feedback on and it's not great. Just out of interest I'll try reducing the load and rpm limits and report back. The car runs great with all lambda feedback disabled, it takes a bit of time to get the fuel map spot on but once it is it runs consistently.

My experience also, as long as the mapping is done thorough the consistency is fantastic.
Also whenever there are some issue like vacuum leak or whatever it shows directly as a change in AFR instead of being masked by the Lambda routine.
(That is also a big part of why the lambda routine is there, to keep the car running even if maintenance is not up to par)

YS
Jaybee

Hello I have a question with your tuning configuration. I ended up getting a microsquirt from diyautotune and I am setting up spark and fuel tables in tunerstudio, which I know is different from what you are doing. But are you able to post a picture of your fuel and spark map. It would be greatly appreciated.

175 EZK bin

I bought an 0 227 400 175 goldbox ezk from ebay 9 months ago and only now have gotten around to dumping the rom. It doesn't seem to be correctly read by "EZK 219_207_175_147 Basic A.xdf" but will be opened by the other "EZK 208_177_169_146_140 Basic B.xdf" oddly enough.

As far as I can tell, it came paired with a 935 LH2.4 ECU with some European 940's with the B230FB engine. (VX3 cam and 531 head?) If this is incorrect or if anyone could add more information about it, it'd be appreciated!

Attachments

• 175_ezk.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I bought an 0 227 400 175 goldbox ezk from ebay 9 months ago and only now have gotten around to dumping the rom. It doesn't seem to be correctly read by "EZK 219_207_175_147 Basic A.xdf" but will be opened by the other "EZK 208_177_169_146_140 Basic B.xdf" oddly enough.

As far as I can tell, it came paired with a 934 (or 935 if it had A/C) LH2.4 ECU with some European 940's with the B230FB engine. (VX3 cam and 531 head?) If this is incorrect or if anyone could add more information about it, it'd be appreciated!

Hi

Does the chip or box have any other markings/tags that could identify what it is ?
The chip is clearly for a N/A engine but it does not compare with other files I have tagged with 175, so either it is a custom tuning chip or someone has changed the chip sometime .

YS Jaybee

Hi

Does the chip or box have any other markings/tags that could identify what it is ?
The chip is clearly for a N/A engine but it does not compare with other files I have tagged with 175, so either it is a custom tuning chip or someone has changed the chip sometime .

YS Jaybee

The box did not appear to be tampered with. The eprom is labelled 2 227 355 320.
I placed more photos on my webserver at http://esmth.com/f/ecu/

I made this a while back, using the official Bosch catalog. It should have every EZK/ECU along with model year and engine. Some of the exotic stuff I'm less confident in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V33qmEoFD54WfB5xHEvHU53MGo0/edit?usp=drivesdk LH ECU interchange
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...L_7H6UGjPHmLv3rEfjJ_A2B320g/edit?usp=drivesdk EZK interchange

well, my 934 ecu prediction was wrong, lol

Last edited:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4KDCA3ba0OyqAMZbX0Au1YdGHLlg5wiz7QZCmLAkPo/edit?usp=sharing

I linked to the previous (incorrect) version of this spreadsheet! My mistake. I'll take pictures of the ECUs and EZKs I have too. I think I can add -563, -946, -148, and -162.

Looks like your -175 EZK came with a number of different B230Fs including FB and FX models from 1990-1996. That would make it one of the earlier gold EZKs that I'm aware of unless they are not all equipped with daughterboards. It's worth noting that according to the Bosch interchange only 740s and 940s had it.

I see there are quite a few (luckily pretty obscure) ECUs that I have files for that don't seem to be mentioned in the Bosch catalog. No unique applications but just obscure variants. I also added whether the file I had for that ECU was in long or short format. Not sure what distinguishes the two but I'm assuming it's as simple as a revision to an 8k eprom instead of 4k due to them becoming cheaper or the like.

E-fan driver

Hi, is it just the software that have E-Fan compability. Or is it a different PCB, or a driver? Or can you take a software from a car that have e-fan. And put it in a ECU that doesent have it, and get the e-fan to work? I have 977, from start with no e-fan. But use 954 bin, with 984 parameters.
Is it NPN or PNP trigger to e-fan relay?

Best regards//
Jim Karlsson

Hi, is it just the software that have E-Fan compability. Or is it a different PCB, or a driver? Or can you take a software from a car that have e-fan. And put it in a ECU that doesent have it, and get the e-fan to work? I have 977, from start with no e-fan. But use 954 bin, with 984 parameters.
Is it NPN or PNP trigger to e-fan relay?

Best regards//
Jim Karlsson

ECU with 5xx last numbers does not have E-fan capability. Most 900 does. The 9xx PCB has space for a fan driver that is missing on the early ECUs.
977 should run E-fan OK.
The output is grounded when E-fan is activated, most practical to use Volvo's own E-fan relay to drive the fans, then it is plug and play.

YS
Jaybee

ECU with 5xx last numbers does not have E-fan capability. Most 900 does. The 9xx PCB has space for a fan driver that is missing on the early ECUs.
977 should run E-fan OK.
The output is grounded when E-fan is activated, most practical to use Volvo's own E-fan relay to drive the fans, then it is plug and play.

YS
Jaybee

Thanks for reply.
Do you know wich place the driver has? See five "slots" one is injector TIP122. (I assume that the driver for e-fan is placed here).. But dont know the other ones. And if you look on them one is missing, second one from left.

// Jim Karlsson

The E-fan driver is highlighted in the picture below, it's the little square piece.

TyZSpe6.jpg

So after not messing with this stuff much for the past 2+ years, I've gotten back into it. I downloaded the latest version of tunerpro and figured out address hit tracing; that's kindof a big deal and will make things easier. I've compensated for my green giants, smoothed the map and adjusted things to avoid that roll-in ping with LH with some apparent success and with address tracing I can dial things in even better. Dude, what is up with the stock fuel map, what a jagged mess? Anway...

I have some questions and this thread is kinda hard to slog through. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has only basic understanding of tunerpro, isn't going to program and isn't going to hack the stock wiring harness.

1) So data logging is pretty much out of the question, right?

2) Is there a way to configure tunerpro to read my AEM wideband? Like repoint the port that the signal is coming from (usb port). I see tunerpro doesn't even have a wideband driver for AEM widebands. I don't even know how those drivers relate to functions in tunerpro. I read that Kenny said logging is out, so he just turned on tracing and watches the wideband readout as he rides along. Is that still the only option?

3) I see that you can create a dashboard in the ADX editor, but I can't find any examples of how to do it from scratch online; and it's not necessarily intuitive. I see people using prebuilt dashes and customizing them, do we have anything like that for LH 2.4? I'm also confused about the difference between an .adx file and a .ads file.

Like I said, this thread is huge and can take a lot of time to search and read. I'd put together a quick and dirty video of what I've learned (comparing bins, address hit tracing, map editing, etc.) but maybe people have moved on or already know this stuff.

Last edited:
Finally got my car to a point where i can start it up and idle. Used the new 954 v52 stuff and done a few other changes. Scaled it for 85# injectors. Used the 012 amm but didnt change the map for that so i assume its still set for the 016. Not sure how to change it anyways. So, came time to see if i did good. Turned on map tracing and emulation, gave it some crunk and the dang thing fired right up and didnt miss a lick at all after sitting for 2 years. This is on a fresh top end with nice mods. Onle let it idle for a few minutes. But cold startup was as expected. 12ish on the afr. As it warmed up it started playin around 14-15afr.. This is with hi rez 85# injectors a d 93 pump gas. Stopped at that point and called it quits for the night. The setup was a 954 bin with the v52 954 xdf on a 939 ecu. So i can confirm the new stuff does work on that ecu.

So after not messing with this stuff much for the past 2+ years, I've gotten back into it. I downloaded the latest version of tunerpro and figured out address hit tracing; that's kindof a big deal and will make things easier. I've compensated for my green giants, smoothed the map and adjusted things to avoid that roll-in ping with LH with some apparent success and with address tracing I can dial things in even better. Dude, what is up with the stock fuel map, what a jagged mess? Anway...

I have some questions and this thread is kinda hard to slog through. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has only basic understanding of tunerpro, isn't going to program and isn't going to hack the stock wiring harness.

1) So data logging is pretty much out of the question, right?

2) Is there a way to configure tunerpro to read my AEM wideband? Like repoint the port that the signal is coming from (usb port). I see tunerpro doesn't even have a wideband driver for AEM widebands. I don't even know how those drivers relate to functions in tunerpro. I read that Kenny said logging is out, so he just turned on tracing and watches the wideband readout as he rides along. Is that still the only option?

3) I see that you can create a dashboard in the ADX editor, but I can't find any examples of how to do it from scratch online; and it's not necessarily intuitive. I see people using prebuilt dashes and customizing them, do we have anything like that for LH 2.4? I'm also confused about the difference between an .adx file and a .ads file.

Like I said, this thread is huge and can take a lot of time to search and read. I'd put together a quick and dirty video of what I've learned (comparing bins, address hit tracing, map editing, etc.) but maybe people have moved on or already know this stuff.

3. I was wondering the same thing, i tune my v8 tbi swapped volvo with tunerpro. And for the GM tbi you can download adx file and use datalog and a dashboard.. would have been great if someone have done the same thing for LH2.4

After looking through the v52 xdf, ive noticed when placing the cursor over different maps in the paramter tree, alot of them say to copy and paste the 984 maps in the caption. Has anybody done tbis yet? Anyone using the 984 stuff at all? Is it as refined as stated in previous posts? Is it that much better to use when building a bin?

Back