• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

It is a reference to the lifted bro trucks, with truck nutsz, of Alberta. Mixed with the helpful nature of T-bricks

It is meant in the best possible way, nothing else.

Now I get it. :lol: I didn't realize he was from Alberta then forgot that detail immediately.

jBgSZhHHKq-1.png

Been a rather busy couple of weeks...

Hey all, New to the site, new to Volvo's and already a bit obsessed with my new to me 92 240 wagon. With that I need some help. Im trying to find lowering suspension, a nice mesh set of wheels and the ever so elusive oem (or suggestions for something like it) roof rack. I know about ipd, but just thought id ask about if anyone had any of these things locally. Oh yah and id love to change the headlights (I got my hands on the shrouds) to the double square 740 ones. I got the new grill and know I should change the hood. So I guess I need the hood and assembly to do that. So wish list would be:

1. everything but the frames for the 4 light swap.
2. vintage roof rack
3. Some dark mesh sick set of wheels (haha)
4. lowering setup (gotta get that stance)

So pumped to nerd out with ya'll and thanks for any help you might be able to give me!

-Jay aka _Bork_

Hey all, New to the site, new to Volvo's and already a bit obsessed with my new to me 92 240 wagon. With that I need some help. Im trying to find lowering suspension, a nice mesh set of wheels and the ever so elusive oem (or suggestions for something like it) roof rack. I know about ipd, but just thought id ask about if anyone had any of these things locally. Oh yah and id love to change the headlights (I got my hands on the shrouds) to the double square 740 ones. I got the new grill and know I should change the hood. So I guess I need the hood and assembly to do that. So wish list would be:

1. everything but the frames for the 4 light swap.
2. vintage roof rack
3. Some dark mesh sick set of wheels (haha)
4. lowering setup (gotta get that stance)

So pumped to nerd out with ya'll and thanks for any help you might be able to give me!

-Jay aka _Bork_
1. Can't do it, you have the '86+ body so would need fenders as well as the light surrounds, grille, etc.
2. I wish you saw my old stash when I had my fire sale. T_T
3. See #2
4. See #2

:lol:

1. Can't do it, you have the '86+ body so would need fenders as well as the light surrounds, grille, etc.
2. I wish you saw my old stash when I had my fire sale. T_T
3. See #2
4. See #2

:lol:

Hey! Thanks for the response. No worries on all that. I?m hoping to find local and or get some cool insight from you all. If anything pops up, shoot me a message. I?ll play the long game on the quad squares.

Yeah you'd need the 240 version quad squares, not the 740. Jason (Ermit71) has a set of quad squares. But, you'll need a set of fenders, the core support, bumper, trim and all that good stuff to make it work. I don't think I've actually seen a late 240 with that conversion. Most people swap in the E-codes (way nicer light).

Jordan

Yeah you'd need the 240 version quad squares, not the 740. Jason (Ermit71) has a set of quad squares. But, you'll need a set of fenders, the core support, bumper, trim and all that good stuff to make it work. I don't think I've actually seen a late 240 with that conversion. Most people swap in the E-codes (way nicer light).

Jordan

Wow ok good to know. I?ll keep hunting for the other things then.

Welcome aboard.

Not exactly meshies, but will work with your 240. They also happen to be the set I got rid of last spring.

00O0O_fxGKjWhReSVz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/wto/d/coquitlam-volvo-turbine-wheels/7430094579.html

Oh dude, thanks for passing that along. I?m hoping to find something a bit cooler like bbs or lipped steelies, or something I haven?t even thought of yet, haha. BBS will probably break the bank but RM?s are the dream. I wonder if anyone is selling something with a lip? It?s just hard to find right now. But thanks so much! I hope to run in to you. I?m in mallardville.

Oh dude, thanks for passing that along. I?m hoping to find something a bit cooler like bbs or lipped steelies, or something I haven?t even thought of yet, haha. BBS will probably break the bank but RM?s are the dream. I wonder if anyone is selling something with a lip? It?s just hard to find right now. But thanks so much! I hope to run in to you. I?m in mallardville.

I have some CCW's. They're built for a FWD though. They're 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. Some barrels/lips are bent. My plan was to buy new lips and barrels for the center sections to turn them into 17's. You can get all new lips and barrels for 1600$ in any size. I probably won't use them any time soon.

Jordan

I have some CCW's. They're built for a FWD though. They're 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. Some barrels/lips are bent. My plan was to buy new lips and barrels for the center sections to turn them into 17's. You can get all new lips and barrels for 1600$ in any size. I probably won't use them any time soon.

Jordan

Talk to me goose! I like where this is going!

-Jay

Vancity Volvos - as in - Vancouver? I live in a Vancouver, the original Vancouver, in fact.

01nyopI.jpg

I have a Volvo too

We need a meet up.

Hey guys,
I bought some parts from a few different guys over the last couple weeks and it reminded me why I love these cars and the community surrounding them. The ability to talk to strangers about rwd volvos in such detail is something I have greatly missed.

So I am going to setup a meet. There are a few local guys I only know of from Instagram that will get the invite as well as all of us here.

How does early March look for everyone? We can meet at a park or big parking lot somewhere. Maybe bring some parts to swap, maybe do some work on each others cars... who knows!
I am open to suggestions as to time and place, but this needs to happen.
Last time was AJ's firesale, and that was just too darn long ago.

Let's figure this out!
Leivon

Back