• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

do they have the ball and spring so at lower oil pressures they dont squirt? any idea on the psi they start to work?

think they would work on a ford 2.3?

so basicly i just need to call you up to order them :) ?

thanks!

pete

Gonna have to order it from McMaster Carr unless I find a cheaper source.

I think I can pick up another for cheap and send it, but somebody is going to have to confess they bent the things.

Hey folks, this stuff doesn't cost a lot, so if you FAWK UP A DRILL say so, that's what the deposit is for so I can deduct 4-6 bucks and when it goes to the next guy HE'S NOT STUCK and I don't have to go to the fawkin post office a second time on my own time.

Come on this is done on the honor system boys, be straight with the rest of us.

Id like to make a kit

Hey every on i know I'm to new to this community to get my hands on that kit for a while so I'm going to make 1 myself.

Right now I Am just taking my rebuild slow and will not be ready to do the Squirterizational mod for another 2 weeks on my time frame so i fig id make a 2nd kit and start shipping it out to others as well.

1) If i do this i will expect you all to be buying your squirter bolts from John V. As he has taken the time to setup this mod and figure out all the kinks.

2) The kit will be on a 2 week loan. From the date i ship to the date its return postmark is on the box. this should give you about 9-10 days if your in the U.S and 7-8 days if it has to go overseas. The Idea for this is that you don't ask for the kit unless your engine block is on the stand prepped and ready.

3) Deposit - I am looking at $75 US

4) 1 little change to the rules. Instead of shipping to the next dude inline it will be coming back to me because of issues with the first kit being damaged and no one owning up to it. This will allow me to inspect bits and sharpen them if need be or replace if broke. If only bits are broke you'll only be out a few bucks. You brake or bend the fixture/jig (it does both depending on how much you tighten it) well could cost ya 1/2 your deposit.

I want to have a very similar kit as it has been proven by John V. I need the kit owners help or John's help. Or it could take me longer to fig this out.

First if you could get out a pair of digital calipers or other accurate measuring device and tell me the distance from the center of the M8 bolt and the center of the shim as shown in the picture below.Be accurate!

Second I need the diameter or preferably the size of the spot face cutter. See pic 2 below. If you don't have this and john if you know or have a squirter to measure that would be great.

sqrt1.JPG

sqt2.JPG

Most guys get them from me since I'm such an all round swell fellah and invented the kit and fought with some so called moderator to get this Loaner Kit idea made into a sticky.

Fought with? pretty sure i just read the thread and made it sticky. no fighting involved

Fought with? pretty sure i just read the thread and made it sticky. no fighting involved
The first time it was posted one of the countless people around here who are moderators was either unable to read the extra large, bold, italicized and underlined words "Loaner kit" or they were unable to overcome their personal animus which makes then so angry they are unable to read, and whoever it was moved the thread to the FOR SALE SECTION. Which was really really either stupid or vindictive, or both.
Eventually another moderator undid the other moderators work and now we have this nice free service available.

where is the...one...kit now?

I still have it. John was going to send me a replacement 7mm drill bit. If one I found at McMaster-Carr for $25 is the right length (200mm), I am going to order it later today as I need to get this work done and the kit outta here.

UPDATE: Well, the drill bit has to be the longer one $54 so I am going to contact John as he said he could get one cheaper and send it to me.

Last edited:
I dunno, still waiting for John to send replacement 7mm drill bit.

Well post you address and i'll send what I have which maynot be full length but it is 7mm.

Ya know who ever receives the Kit and sees that something is BROKEN or missing needs to INFORM ME so I can withhold from their deposit the cost of whatever they fawked up and the post to get it to the poor sap waiting.:oops:

So, you need a bit, the current one is broken, who broke it?
Was it broken when you got it, who'd you get it from?

Further 7mm is 0.275"
9/32" is 0,1mm larger.

Maybe somebody who has broken my drill bit could find a long 9/32" bit.:grrr:

Well post you address and i'll send what I have which maynot be full length but it is 7mm.

Ya know who ever receives the Kit and sees that something is BROKEN or missing needs to INFORM ME so I can withhold from their deposit the cost of whatever they fawked up and the post to get it to the poor sap waiting.:oops:

So, you need a bit, the current one is broken, who broke it?
Was it broken when you got it, who'd you get it from?

Further 7mm is 0.275"
9/32" is 0,1mm larger.

Maybe somebody who has broken my drill bit could find a long 9/32" bit.:grrr:

John, thanks for your response.

The 7mm in the kit was wobbly and the shank somewhat chewed up from slipping in the previous user's drill chuck.

You can deduct from my deposit the cost of a replacement bit for the smaller 1/4 bit becuz after I used it, I noticed it was also slightly wobbly. Since I didn't check it closely prior to my use, I could have bent it myself.

I will check on line for a 0.275/ 9/32 bit. I will also send you my address.

John, thanks for your response.

The 7mm in the kit was wobbly and the shank somewhat chewed up from slipping in the previous user's drill chuck.

You can deduct from my deposit the cost of a replacement bit for the smaller 1/4 bit becuz after I used it, I noticed it was also slightly wobbly. Since I didn't check it closely prior to my use, I could have bent it myself.

I will check on line for a 0.275/ 9/32 bit. I will also send you my address.

Wobbly?
WTF, over?
Sure you chuck isn't the source of the wobbzlerz?
Dress down the burrs with a file and tighten the damn chuck.
Wassamatta wit youse guys? Youse all had polio as children and can't tighten a check?

Lissen these thing have drilled only a few holes in nice soft cast iron, something is seriously up-fawked if the bits are buggered after less than 200 holes or so in iron.

Can you find a 9/32 bit locally?

Wobbly?
WTF, over?
Sure you chuck isn't the source of the wobbzlerz?
Dress down the burrs with a file and tighten the damn chuck.
Wassamatta wit youse guys? Youse all had polio as children and can't tighten a check?

Lissen these thing have drilled only a few holes in nice soft cast iron, something is seriously up-fawked if the bits are buggered after less than 200 holes or so in iron.

Can you find a 9/32 bit locally?

Yes, John, I did clean up the chuck end of the 7mm before chucking it up. I also rolled it on a known flat surface and it was clearly bent. I used oil on the 1/4 bit when drilling the holes in the block. It worked fine but as I mentioned, when I finished and checked it (also on flat surface) I could see it was bent slightly. By me or previous user, who knows, but I take it on myself to foot the bill for a new one unless I can bend it (and the 7mm straight) again. :x:

Yes, John, I did clean up the chuck end of the 7mm before chucking it up. I also rolled it on a known flat surface and it was clearly bent. I used oil on the 1/4 bit when drilling the holes in the block. It worked fine but as I mentioned, when I finished and checked it (also on flat surface) I could see it was bent slightly. By me or previous user, who knows, but I take it on myself to foot the bill for a new one unless I can bend it (and the 7mm straight) again. :x:

It was slightly bent when it arrived at my doorstep. I put it in the vice and got it decently straight enough to not worry me. I guess I forgot to post that in here... :oops:

I will be tearing down my 1990 230FT motor here shortly. If I don't already have squirter's I will definitely want squirterize my block. MrBill, do you still have it? Maybe you could just send it back to John for maintenance, I could just pick it up from him since I live locally
Sound like a plan? :nod:

I will be tearing down my 1990 230FT motor here shortly. If I don't already have squirter's I will definitely want squirterize my block. MrBill, do you still have it? Maybe you could just send it back to John for maintenance, I could just pick it up from him since I live locally
Sound like a plan? :nod:

Hey, thanks for the reminder. I haz it. I'm going to try to straighten the 7mm bit and finish my block. If that works, I will send it back to John.

Back