• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16T setup + injectors

martijn266

Hi,

Im new to the Volvo tuning world and this is gonna be my first project!:)
I have a Volvo 940 HPT and a spare td04hl-16t laying around.
Exhaust is 2,5" and downpipe is gonna be 3". Combined with a ipd turbo cam it should be a fun car to drive.

Now my only problem is that i don't know what injectors to run, anybody got some ideas?

I had pretty much the same setup with T5 Blue injectors, but White ones should work just fine,from a 5cyl hpt. You may have to remove the injector resistor pack as well.

I've used the stock 804 injectors with a 16T at about 0,9bar boost without any issues.
I found they have quite a bit of headroom.
AFR numbers were always good.

I had pretty much the same setup with T5 Blue injectors, but White ones should work just fine,from a 5cyl hpt. You may have to remove the injector resistor pack as well.

These are the ones I currently use. Bosch 1-280-155-766.
They flow just a bit more than the stock 1-280-150-804 according to http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm (350cc vs. 337cc)

I've bypassed the resistor pack to use them as mentioned.
Again, AFR numbers are perfectly fine, not running lean or anything.

These are the ones I currently use. Bosch 1-280-155-766.
They flow just a bit more than the stock 1-280-150-804 according to http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm (350cc vs. 337cc)

I've bypassed the resistor pack to use them as mentioned.
Again, AFR numbers are perfectly fine, not running lean or anything.

How much boost are you running? Im hoping to get 1,2 bar, read about people pushing 275hp on the 16t and i really want to get the most out of it.

Maybe upgrade to a 19t in the future...

How much boost are you running? Im hoping to get 1,2 bar, read about people pushing 275hp on the 16t and i really want to get the most out of it.

Maybe upgrade to a 19t in the future...

Still 0,9bar. Enough for me.
I didn't try higher boost so I can't tell if the injectors run out of juice at some point, but monitoring the AFR gauge will tell you.

I really recommend getting the Intercooler from KL-Racing.
There wasn't much of a difference when I swapped from 13C to 16T, only after I swapped out the stock IC for the KL one.
The IC actually made a much bigger difference than the turbo swap itself according to my butt dyno. I had a 0,15bar boost increase only by swapping out the Intercooler.
The non-AC version is out of stock on KL at the moment but the IC that classicswede.co.uk carries is the same as mine looking at the photos.

The stock IC is very restrictive, I didn't think it was that bad actually.

Back