• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

gauge options??

wiggin

Feeged Bertone
Im getting a B230FT put into my '79 bertone FINALLY but im going to need to do some new gauges because i have the older style dash. i saw some cool looking pods that sit on the top of the dash in the middle.... im going to want like.. calibrated boost gauge, a/f gauge, and prolly oil temp. do you guys know any part numbers for like a certain brands because i have a heck of a time trying to get around any of those sites because they try and specify them for each honda model .. or mustang... so i just need a generic pod that i can put that stuff in.. thanx

you could do what im doing. i knocked out the clock on my 760 and im installing a new face with cutouts for a VDO boost gauge and a/f meters/ probly be easier to explain if i had a digicam... point is, if you want to make it look stock, mebbe look into modifying your dash with new gauges and custom mounts. the VDO gauges with green backlights match the stock gauges fairly well

yah, i thought about that at first, but i really dont care about my dash looking stock. i mean,i dont want some huge 6" ricer tach with a blinding shift light kind of thing. im lookin for just a tasteful 3 gauge pod to go to the right of that big dip in the dash (where the speedo and stuff are)

Unless you're particularly attached to the early style dash, why not just put in an '81 onwards dash? It's not very hard, I've done it on my 242 and more recently my 164. No actual modifications to any parts are required, the only semi-tricky part is swapping over all the wires in the instrument cluster plugs, but that's no drama if you have a wiring diagram for a '78-'80 car and a diagram from an '81 or later car to compare to.

This gives you 5 spaces for standard 52mm gauges, Volvo or aftermarket.

Back