• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New England November meet

i checked my calendar and i'm definitely in.

Did you bring that 87 244 to the northeast from California? If so, shame on you, subjecting that poor car to a New England winter... hehe.

hehe, no it's been out here it's whole life. it's had some rust repair done about a year ago and it looks like new.

Have you figured out what you were thinking, coming out here yet?

you can park your car next to jon's ;)

i have family out here and umass is a good engineering school. after 12 or some years living in sweden the cold doesn't bother me at all. i cant say the same for a friend who goes to NYU. she never left california until now and she's damn near frost-bitten haha.

it would be funny to have the cali-converts parked next to eachother. we can both reminisce about the weather and such

anything new on this meet? date? etc

would be cool, and convenient

cruise by the beaches there, be good photo backdrop, then go to Redhook or another restaurant for clam chowder

tim

Ok... I just made some phone calls - here is what I was thinking (aka Finalized plans unless you have some input):

Optional Event
Starting around 11:30am we can meet for a "wash yer car" at the self-wash on Rte. 155 in Dover, NH (near the New Meadows apt. complex / "Blue Canoe"/Irving Gas Station)

From there, we can meet at the West Edge Parking Lot on the UNH campus at about 1:00pm
Campus map Its a large lot, so lets try to congregate near the left most bus stop logo.
We can then drive through town, and down Durham Point along Bay Road, through downtown Newmarket and along Packers Falls Road back to the meetup point in the West Edge Lot. This route has some nice twisty sections - but also provides some nice stop off points for picture taking and scenery viewing. I guess its up to you if you want to make it a speed run (I wony be)... but its about 45 min and 18 miles I think at a nice pace.

Once we make sure everyone is back off to redhook for more fun.

I think I planned a but more extra time than needed for this section, so we can adjust schedules if people think its a bit excessive.

Durham,NH
Bay Road

The Main Event:

Meet at Redhook parking lot between 3:00 and 3:45 pm
Redhook Brewery Tour (under 21 friendly) starts at 4pm (cost = $1)
More info and Directions at:
http://www.redhook.com/happs_cataqua1.htm

Tour lasts about an hour, so at 5pm we should be set for dinner.
There are two showings of a Snowboard movie, all ages show starts at 5:30pm, and a 21+ show for those interested starts later that night and features live music by Mix Master Mike of the Beastie Boys.

Redhook may be crowded that night, and there might not be a full dinner menu (but it shouldnt be bad). The person I talked to seemed like a group of people won't be an issue.

Just to be sure, I am going to make a headcount list to call a day or so in advance. Please email me at jrocheunh "at" yahoo.com with the subject "NE November Meet". If you VS/Swedespeed/Brickboard members want to post this there that would be fine too.

Who is Attending
John Roche (jrocheunh)
Metalgod_Z (+3-ish)
Evan780
roversweed?

Last edited:
Will probably be there along with 3 others, probably 4. I'll also be taking requests for parts and bringing them, if possible...

Metalgod_Z said:
Will probably be there along with 3 others, probably 4. I'll also be taking requests for parts and bringing them, if possible...
yeah guess i'd be ridign with you mike. hey this mean we might actually get rid fo soem parts in teh shed and make soem more room:-P come on people you know you want stuff.

roversweed said:
Fukc work and come! I'll bring the stela.!.!

I should have my car back this friday (**** THE MAN). JOYJOY!

No Stella for you. :grrr: Coming to NY this weekend? Haven't been able to get ahold of ya. Gimme a call or PM or IM.

Stella rocks so very, very hard.

Yes, I work for "the man." And in some counties of central Mississippi and southern Louisiana, I'm considered "the" man... (in my field).

I'll be in New Iberia, Louisiana from tomorrow at 1pm until the 18th of November. The company graciously rented us a midsized car this time, instead of those evil Chevy Aveo's they had us in last month.

Trust me, I'd rather be livin' it up in the NorthEast surrounded by Volvos than surrounded by swamp sweating my balls off, Volvo-less in Louisiana (no offense to those that live in Louisiana... I spent all summer there, it ain't my cup o' tea).

jrocheunh said:
Is the visit to UNH?

No, its to Chester College of art.
Although I am applying to UNH as my other in-state school
as well as: Suffolk University, Eugene Lang, Marymount Manhattan, and maybe some others.

ted740 said:
No, its to Chester College of art.QUOTE

Chester College in Chester NH? Was it once called White Pines College by any chance?

On a side note the MAN is going to give me back my car tomorrow. So I well have it for the meet! I'll be rolling on winter steel wheels blinged with crome trim rings and center caps.

hmmmm nice went through to figure otu who's going this is the list

people that seem to be going:

parry
jrocheunh
740t man
Agbullit745
roversweed
metalgod_z and gf
evan780
ladeadhead
jaque_fatting
89740ti
302camaro650hp

UNDETERMINED?:

740weapon
greg wong
overboosted745
ted740

Well, as it turns out I may be able to stop by and say hello to you guys on my way to Maine next Sat. we'll see how the scheduling works out. Sorry no Volvo, I'll be travelling in the P/U.

yay gregs comign to play. haha thats ok i'll a ride whore with metalgod_z i'm bound and determined to get a nice turbo in my car. only thing keeping it off teh road right now is lack of turbo sitting on the exhaust manifold. 1995 almost f+t motor in the car begging for a turbo

Back