• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 740 940 Series Rear Suspension PU Bushes

While I have not used those bushings I can recommend that if you go that route over solid arms I would recommend welding up the subframe to make it stronger. Maybe even the same thing for the arms. We added some 1/4" aluminum to the arms when i used to run them with just new stock bushings and a welded frame and they held up to the abuse.

Just installed a set of the Kaplhenke Hybrid Torque Arms. The adjustable poly torque rods had to go. No more poly bushings on this car.
Thoroughly impressed with the change.
-Noticeable improvement in axle articulation
-Driveline judder is gone (when disengaging the clutch under load)
-More smootherer
-Driveline is smoother under load

Homer has spoken in his project log, pretty much sums up what I think about PU as well.

yeah.. but you cant tell if my popometer would say the same.. tzhe 16v is gonna be a streetracer.. not that i want to go for a holidayride nor is it a drive to work car, you know ;)

I believe homer uses his 255 as dailybitch..

Never had polybushes so far.. i could think of i would like the stiff handling and would turn the radio louder when its rumbly but.. you never know :D

Last edited:
haha.. found also aluminum bushings.. meh.. i will give them a try.. 90 bucks isnt that bad for a complete kit.. over at skandix the do cost 120 without the trailingarm body bushing which comes on top..

The thing with polyurethane bushings is that they only work ideally in applications where they experience forces that move in-line with the through bolt.
As in differential bushings, engine torque mounts, etc.

Most suspension bushings experience movement on multiple axes which is not ideal for a material as stiff as poly as they can bind if the durometer is too stiff.

The best race-y solution would be spherical links as they can move freely without binding on multiple axes, however, I haven't seen any options available.
This full rear suspension solution is available although I don't have any personal experience with it:
https://www.l-m-r.se/p/volvo/740-76...l-arm-2562/rear-suspension-volvo-740-940.html

Last edited:
That is pretty cool. Those clamshell bushings are usually shot to **** in 740's. Even the new ones are silly soft and cost $$$. On my cars these bushings always caused a lot of axle movement.

i ordered them.. will post some pics of the install and make something like a review.

But i cant really compare, because i have never had new ones :D But since this is my saturday evening hooncar it doesnt matter if its stiff and uncomfy.. Hauptsache es ballert ! :D

letzter link
und 635PS, aber das ist eine ganz andere Geschichte und schon lange her, nix Volvo Motor, daf?r legal, f?hrt mit holl?ndischen Kennzeichen ;-)
Es werden keine Bilder gepostet, weil.......
und es ist echt lange her.

ahjo, falsch klug geschissen.. das sind die doppelten buchsen fuer hinten und nicht die einzelne, die im quertraeger sitzt :b

Back